Thread: Judge nixes Obama’s executive privilege claim over Fast and Furious records

Judge nixes Obama’s executive privilege claim over Fast and Furious records

A federal judge ruled that the Justice Department must turn over internal records about its handling of the botched Fast and Furious gun-running operation, rejecting President Obama’s assertion that disclosures can be blocked through executive privilege. U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled Tuesday that the Justice Department’s own public disclosures about the operation undercut the Obama administration’s claims.

“The Court finds, under the unique and limited circumstances of this case, that the qualified privilege must yield, given the executive’s acknowledgment of the legitimacy of the investigation, and the fact that the Department itself has already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold,” Judge Jackson wrote. “Since any harm that would flow from the disclosures sought here would be merely incremental, the records must be produced.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-fast-furious/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...4eTSwtX7l4Rx2M
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-19-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    By the time the smoke and mirrors are cleared away, this will be a foot note to their obituaries - won't be anyone left alive who cares. Just another politician that lied.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    By the time the smoke and mirrors are cleared away, this will be a foot note to their obituaries - won't be anyone left alive who cares. Just another politician that lied.
    True.

However.

Gulf of Tonkin. Magic bullet. Cointelpro. The Pentagon Papers. We just add it to the list to persuade the young.

A sort of inversion on the dictum about a lie told often enough: get caught telling enough lies...
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-19-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Even El Chapo was ridin' the Fast and Furious train:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...s-program.html
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Don't miss this gem from the lamestream talking head William La Jeunesse

"A .50-caliber is a massive rifle that can stop a car or, as it was intended, take down a helicopter."

Banned
    We still will not get the records requested.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    We still will not get the records requested.
    Or it'll be heavily redacted because security.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    Even El Chapo was ridin' the Fast and Furious train:
    this surprises you how? $$$ buys what is legal and illegal...F&F activities or not...

bottom line: who cares the organization had one or where they got it?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    True.

However.

Gulf of Tonkin. Magic bullet. Cointelpro. The Pentagon Papers. We just add it to the list to persuade the young.

A sort of inversion on the dictum about a lie told often enough: get caught telling enough lies...
    fall away or be re-written like the any other piece of history.
    i would be more concerned about the 'sealed' mass shooting records from the last five years as well as the 911. darn citizen, et al., we can't even determine who killed the Kennedy brothers!!

after SVG's forum discussion on Lincoln, at this point, i'm not sure John W Booth acted alone or with governmental sponsorship

it all falls in the abyss of 'who cares' this is especially true when 10% of college graduates think judge judy sits on the supreme court.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Or it'll be heavily redacted because security.
    LOL seen lots of record requests responses with pages and pages of just redacted docs. Its a fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    fall away or be re-written like the any other piece of history.
    i would be more concerned about the 'sealed' mass shooting records from the last five years as well as the 911. darn citizen, et al., we can't even determine who killed the Kennedy brothers!!

after SVG's forum discussion on Lincoln, at this point, i'm not sure John W Booth acted alone or with governmental sponsorship

it all falls in the abyss of 'who cares' this is especially true when 10% of college graduates think judge judy sits on the supreme court.

ipse
    you mean she doesn't!?

I kid of course, and that in reality is a very sad statistic.. it means our education centers truly are nothing more then thought indoctrination centers.

heck even kindergarden is now getting into the presidents of the U.S. only I wish they would stop adding Obama... he was not a president, he was a train wreck.

Homeschool to university, then be skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Homeschool to university, then be skeptical.
    most parents are functionally illiterate so they can't homeschool as they themselves do not understand the material.

ipse