Thread: USAG Lynch sucks-up to Obama on guns EA, "Executive actions within his authority"

USAG Lynch sucks-up to Obama on guns EA, "Executive actions within his authority"

Among the steps to be taken as a result of the executive actions, government agencies will expand the use of background checks on some gun sales that have previously skirted the requirement. The president’s 10 steps on guns include $500 million more in federal funding for treating mental illness — a move that would likely need congressional approval — and tightening the reporting requirement for guns that are lost or stolen in transit.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ive-actions-w/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...iGj0omKbBxsZyM

1st challenge to Obama's gun orders hits court
    Case argues president can't 'legislate' 2nd Amendment

http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/1st-chall...rs-hits-court/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-20-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    What other property are you required to inform the gov't that you lost? None.

Maybe if you report it lost then they'll have the right to search your cars and homes?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What other property are you required to inform the gov't that you lost? None.

Maybe if you report it lost then they'll have the right to search your cars and homes?
    Hmmmmm. I wonder. "Sir, we have to search your home and car to verify the gun is missing. It is a gun after all." No, I can't see that happening in the near future. But, I can see something like this.

Ex-wife, girlfriend, antagonist reports seeing a gun at the house after a gun was reported stolen. Now we're treading over into probable cause that a false statement was made to a federal official--a felony if I recall. I can see that developing within ten years. Especially in view of a domestic violence order.

And, you have the whole angle of the private-sale gun bought to prevent government even knowing a gun is possessed to avoid a general confiscation. The gun gets lost or stolen. Then turns up and is traced back to the seller who swears he sold it to such-and-such buyer. Who did not report it lost or stolen because he did not want government to know he possessed a firearm in the event of a general confiscation. Now, you have a gun owner who must add himself to government's list by reporting the private sale gun lost or stolen. Or, risk the penalty for not reporting it lost or stolen if it is found and traced back to the guy from who he bought it. Jeezus! I've even seen recommendations by pro-gun people that sellers get the full name and address of the buyer in a private transaction. Any buyer in a private transaction who gave that information was unknowingly setting himself up.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

reporting lost firearms Nobama EA

I have had tools stolen twice from my property. I also had a truck and camper stolen from me. Everytime I reported the theft and other then a quick report from an officer that would obviously rather be some where else there was not any follow up from the P.D. So assuming that reporting a lost (stolen) firearm to the P.D. would be done in hopes of them assisting in the recovery of such firearm, past experience has proven this idea to be a joke.