• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RVA OC snow breakfest 1/23/2016

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 1/23, 9:30 A.M.

Golden Corral
1 S Providence Rd ................map
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

Note - home delivery is suspended for this event.

Bring your own shovel, but be prepared to share.

Last edited:

scouser

I'm going to say now that I won't make it there Saturday. Whereas I'm quite confident in my driving ability and the snow-loving capability of my AWD, I have less than zero confidence in the skill level of anyone I might have to share the road with when the roads are clean and dry, so in the mess we're expecting I'm going to heed the general advice of staying home.

However, should anyone venture towards Nick's tomorrow morning at around 8.30 they might see a couple of familiar faces, before I head to the other end of the strip mall to load up with a snow survival kit for grown ups

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm going to say now that I won't make it there Saturday. Whereas I'm quite confident in my driving ability and the snow-loving capability of my AWD, I have less than zero confidence in the skill level of anyone I might have to share the road with when the roads are clean and dry, so in the mess we're expecting I'm going to heed the general advice of staying home.

However, should anyone venture towards Nick's tomorrow morning at around 8.30 they might see a couple of familiar faces, before I head to the other end of the strip mall to load up with a snow survival kit for grown ups
The way things are going there might not be any restaurants except Waffle House open on Sat. morning. I can make that work though if GC is closed - carrying my own cinnamon to add to their waffles....mmmm.

fjpro2a

Directions to Golden Corral

Grapeshot,
FYI - Although I cannot make it, I clicked on your "Map," and it shows a Golden Corral in Kentucky, not Virginia. If it is my mistake, remember, I am originally from NJ.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot,
FYI - Although I cannot make it, I clicked on your "Map," and it shows a Golden Corral in Kentucky, not Virginia. If it is my mistake, remember, I am originally from NJ.
Appreciate the catch. Don't know why it defaulted to the wrong location, but fixed it.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Can't shovel what isn't, but I do so enjoy watching others try.

Truth is, his shovel was again "borrowed" by the Democrats in the General Assembly. With the amount of manure they try to move, they have come to recognize a good instrument when they steal one.

Fortunately, Grapeshot has access to many other melee instruments that he uses when dealing with the Ds in the GA.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Going to miss you all again...enjoy breakfast. I'll be thinking of you.
Tell the little one howdy for me Scouser.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Apparently Golden Corral is not open - they no answer the phone.

Think it is going to be difficult to find a restaurant other than WH to eat today.