• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona: State lawmaker wants tax credit for concealed carry permit holders

Midwest

Arizona: State lawmaker wants tax credit for concealed carry permit holders

A proposal to give tax credits to those who get a concealed carry permit in Arizona. The lawmaker says it will promote public safety by helping to ease the cost of getting and keeping the permit.

http://www.azfamily.com/story/31007...nts-to-give-tax-credit-for-ccw-permit-holders

"An Arizona lawmaker has introduced a bill that would give tax breaks to people who get concealed carry permits. House Majority Leader Steve Montenegro, R-District 13, introduced House Bill 2494 and is the sole sponsor. He says the purpose of the bill is to "promote public safety by easing the cost of obtaining and maintaining permits to carry concealed weapons."As introduced, the bill would give a tax credit up to $80 for going through the process of getting the permit."

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
No mention of a deduction for ammo/training?

I know it's not required, but it'd be a good incentive.

Since many Arizonans don't get the permit because it's not required for the vast majority of concealed carry in their home state, this pretty much is a credit to recognize the training that is required to obtain the permit.

But yes, additional training could be subsidized. It's a far more beneficial subsidy than other forms. I'm in favor of the training to be part of public school, or otherwise free from all police departments.

It should also be pointed out that an armed populace requires fewer police to "protect" them.

Last edited:

azcdlfred

Not to belabor the obvious but you can find this all other pending Arizona RKBA related legislation on AzCDL's Bill Tracking page. It's updated every day.

Everyone in Arizona who cares about their rights should be a member of AzCDL.

You can also subscribe to our email alerts for free. If you are already an AzCDL member and are not getting our alerts, please let me know via an email to treasurer@azcdl.org.

Thanks!
Fred