Thread: Another anti gun "journalist" shows their ignorance (stupidity)

Another anti gun "journalist" shows their ignorance (stupidity)

Another anti shows their ignorance (stupidity?).

In a world with the WWW at our fingertips, can she claim ignorance, or is she working hard to remain so (hence, stupidity)?

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...ole_foods.html

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Shopping at Whole Foods in an Open-Carry State
    It’s a little less stressful than it used to be, thanks to a few moms in Charlottesville, Virginia
    By Dahlia Lithwick

Being a no-guns establishment in an open-carry state must be maddening. You, as a store owner, can legally say no guns—you can even post signs to this effect—but the militant performance artists who cannot envision a world in which buying their vanilla-mint creamer can be achieved without brandishing an AR-47 will fight back. They will organize boycotts and protests and other intimidating displays of manliness. They will show up in droves and armed to the teeth. Resistance may begin to feel pointless.
    And she lost me in the next paragraph of rhetoric (though I was able to read further along after changing the battery on my BS-o-meter.

She should have read this article before posting her rhetoric:
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/02/24/...nd-about-guns/

At least then she would seem to be informed about what she is "reporting" on.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-21-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Another anti shows their ignorance (stupidity?).

In a world with the WWW at our fingertips, can she claim ignorance, or is she working hard to remain so (hence, stupidity)?

http://www.slate.com/articles/double...ole_foods.html

And she lost me in the next paragraph of rhetoric (though I was able to read further along after changing the battery on my BS-o-meter.

She should have read this article before posting her rhetoric:
    http://thefederalist.com/2015/02/24/...nd-about-guns/

At least then she would seem to be informed about what she is "reporting" on.
    Jeez! Talk about virulent, arrogant, anti-human rights attitude.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Classic case of hoplophobia.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Next thing, they'll want minorities and cripples to be able to shop with normal people, too, regardless if anyone is uncomfortable with it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Even with the quote marks, using the word journalist to describe this women is blasphemy. It is a slap in the face of people like Cronkite, Murrow, Stossel, and Winchell. She is nothing more than another opinionated blowhard, this time one with an organic pineapple up her backside.

About the only thing she got right is that protests do work both ways. So does the desire to NOT be intimidated. We need to take up a new mission. We need to make it a POINT to show up at any and all anti-gun protests with our firearms and cameras. Proof needs to be spread far and wide that law abiding people with firearms are NOT the problem, no matter how loud and long the anti's scream it to the contrary.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Next thing, they'll want minorities and cripples to be able to shop with normal people, too, regardless if anyone is uncomfortable with it.
    Huh

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by MAC702
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
    Huh
    Not familiar with tongue-in-cheek sarcasm?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Not familiar with tongue-in-cheek sarcasm?
    You aren't either apparently.

Huh

Mine was a question, not an insult.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-23-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    SNIP...
    This is how change will happen. A whole bunch of advocates will ask for far too much and a whole bunch of good people—at least in this instance, all women—will push back. No violence, no threats. Just reason and smart economics.

When someone is carrying a lethal weapon at a grocery store in order to prove to me that carrying a lethal weapon at a grocery store is acceptable in a civil society or will someday become acceptable in a civil society, my rational response is to feel that he is threatening me. Because open-carry activists who are denied the right to carry wherever they choose are prone to boycotts and intimidation, it is in fact absolutely rational for me to assume that the purpose of those guns is to threaten objectors with violence. The display of open weapons is a perfectly self-fulfilling threat to dissenters.

But here’s the good thing about boycotts: They can work both ways. Boycotts have a long and storied tradition of achieving civil rights victories in this country. Whole Foods clarified and enforced its national policy in an open-carry state because it makes no sense for a tiny fraction of the population to dominate the gun debate. Nobody’s definition of a polite or civil society can include the right to terrify small children. It’s not so much about standing up to an immutable gun lobby as it is about standing up for immutable and blessed civility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Jeez! Talk about virulent, arrogant, anti-human rights attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Yep, it doesn't matter that the Lawfully-Armed Citizen is not actually threatening her or breaking the law. It is the mere PRESENCE which scares her. That's also the funny part. 50 years ago, and perhaps to a certain extent today, people felt "uncomfortable" or "threatened" by the mere presence of African Americans. Before that, it would have been the Irish, Gypsies, Native Americans, and so on and so forth. Can you imagine the OUTRAGE if she had said the following instead?:

"When someone [of colour is present] at a grocery store in order to prove to me that [being a person of colour] at a grocery store is acceptable in a civil society or will someday become acceptable in a civil society, my rational response is to feel that he is threatening me." -Someone Else

And let's not even begin to discuss about her obvious misunderstanding of the word "rational".

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Even with the quote marks, using the word journalist to describe this women is blasphemy. It is a slap in the face of people like Cronkite, Murrow, Stossel, and Winchell. She is nothing more than another opinionated blowhard, this time one with an organic pineapple up her backside.

About the only thing she got right is that protests do work both ways. So does the desire to NOT be intimidated. We need to take up a new mission. We need to make it a POINT to show up at any and all anti-gun protests with our firearms and cameras. Proof needs to be spread far and wide that law abiding people with firearms are NOT the problem, no matter how loud and long the anti's scream it to the contrary.
    Trust me, I only used the term - and in quotation marks, nonetheless - because I will not stoop to her level of ignorance and use of "hate".
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-23-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned