Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: poor movie behavior

Banned

poor movie behavior

Supposedly an intoxicated man in a movie theatre drop and/or shot a woman who is now in critical condition in a movie theatre in Renton . . . It is in the local news . .. In other parts of the country, it is being alleged that this fellow was a concealed carry permit holder . . .

Not sure if that is being alleged in our local news.

I haven't seen that reported in the local news yet. I don't know where those other stations are getting that.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Man who says he accidentally shot woman in Washington movie theater arrested
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...122-story.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...EGVQLKL43wA9MM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-22-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Cue the "guns should be banned" bandwagon again, even though not a single one of those pundits think cars should be banned because of drunk drivers, a far greater epidemic.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Cue the "guns should be banned" bandwagon again, even though not a single one of those pundits think cars should be banned because of drunk drivers, a far greater epidemic.
    That is because cars have obvious and personal benefit to such persons. Even those who personally dislike the individual freedom the masses enjoy because of cars must be aware that a call to ban--or even severely restrict--cars would be met by so much populist resistance at this point as to be counter-productive. Far better at this stage to encourage "proper" living with Agenda 21 type efforts to increase the density of housing, while construction of new roads is opposed. Crowd folks into the cities.

What we have to understand is that many of the masses are not capable of doing a real cost-benefit analysis. Otherwise, such folks would not be spenindg money on cable TV while living without life insurance for the wage earners in the household.

Some who are capable, don't actually believe that guns in private hands bring benefits. Notice the ever and on-going efforts by the antis to persuade people that a gun in the home is "21 times more likely to kill a family member than a home invader...." and other such nonsense. These efforts are aimed directly at undermining the benefit side of the equation.

And for some, what we view as benefits of widespread private gun ownership--including reduced reliance on government to maintain order in times of crisis, a check on government power, etc--are viewed very deliberately as horrible costs.

If your goal in life is to impose unwanted control on the masses, guns in the hands of those masses are very undesirable.

We speak and write often of the "sheeple". Let us not forget those who know full well what they are doing, but simply want something very different than we do.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Update, courtesy of the Seattle times. They say he did have a cpl.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...it-police-say/
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Why the hell was he playing with his gun that he "fumbled" with it?

Was he fantasizing about being in the action?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    I don't see the model of gun ... could chk this vs CA approved handgun list that requires passing drop testing to get onto the list.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Apparently he was fantasizing, his excuse was he was afraid of a shooter like colorado so he he was playing with his gun.

Idiot.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

remember he was drunk!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    remember he was drunk!!

ipse
    Excuse accepted? It's an old excuse....for many things.

In reality, the person shot will not be made whole just by the guy getting jail time...her relief will be in civil court..best of luck to her there.

I could see disorderly conduct, 1 yr probation, alcohol treatment (really, do these programs work? But I see courts pushing them). Assuming the guy's record was clear before.

I should be a judge !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    SNIP

I should be a judge !
    You might be too honest for the job.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    You might be too honest for the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA2NDf9LdDE

My role model ^^^^

Why do they not write about the idiots in cars? Everyday I see people who tailgate, fail to signal, run red lights, and at night fail to turn their lights on.

The idiots on the road are way more dangerous than an idiot with a gun. I can take down an idiot with a gun. A car requires much more effort to stop.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Update, courtesy of the Seattle times. They say he did have a cpl.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...it-police-say/
    But, but, only CC holders are safe to carry guns...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    That is because cars have obvious and personal benefit to such persons. Even those who personally dislike the individual freedom the masses enjoy because of cars must be aware that a call to ban--or even severely restrict--cars would be met by so much populist resistance at this point as to be counter-productive. Far better at this stage to encourage "proper" living with Agenda 21 type efforts to increase the density of housing, while construction of new roads is opposed. Crowd folks into the cities.

What we have to understand is that many of the masses are not capable of doing a real cost-benefit analysis. Otherwise, such folks would not be spenindg money on cable TV while living without life insurance for the wage earners in the household.

Some who are capable, don't actually believe that guns in private hands bring benefits. Notice the ever and on-going efforts by the antis to persuade people that a gun in the home is "21 times more likely to kill a family member than a home invader...." and other such nonsense. These efforts are aimed directly at undermining the benefit side of the equation.

And for some, what we view as benefits of widespread private gun ownership--including reduced reliance on government to maintain order in times of crisis, a check on government power, etc--are viewed very deliberately as horrible costs.

If your goal in life is to impose unwanted control on the masses, guns in the hands of those masses are very undesirable.

We speak and write often of the "sheeple". Let us not forget those who know full well what they are doing, but simply want something very different than we do.

Charles
    And this has what to do with all the tea in China?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack on topic (a strange direction for some):

Drunk guy plays with his gun. Not a euphemism. Shoots someone in a theater. Leaves. He gets home. Let's skip over how he got home (good job, mass media). So not only did he break the basic laws of gun safety and common sense, he drove home drunk (assumption, but highly likely).

Another IGOTD. What's really sad is people believe this type of stuff happens all the time. Do stupid stuff, win stupid prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    And this has what to do with all the tea in China?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack on topic (a strange direction for some):

Drunk guy plays with his gun. Not a euphemism. Shoots someone in a theater. Leaves. He gets home. Let's skip over how he got home (good job, mass media). So not only did he break the basic laws of gun safety and common sense, he drove home drunk (assumption, but highly likely).

Another IGOTD. What's really sad is people believe this type of stuff happens all the time. Do stupid stuff, win stupid prizes.
    mikey...ya driving drunk happens all the time...some citizens in NM have 15+ DUIs and continue to drive drunk.

neighbour down the street FINALLY found a judge to put him away in country for a year for being cited 7 times ~ last one, he left his vehicle in the ditch and he hitched home...his appearance before the county judge was 10 months after the crash, his year was commuted to 4 months in county and then he was released for good behaviour.

oh BTW, the only reason this came to the judge's attention at all was he roamed the neighbourhood drunk, threatened to injury all the neighbours, when the nice deputies went to discuss it with him, he attacked them arrested at 1600L, was out on bail by 2200L. the county's Deputy DA told the deputies she was dropping their assault charges for this negotiated plea deal with the man's attorney.

4 months...so yes mikey it does happen all the time...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

....some citizens in NM have 15+ DUIs and continue to drive drunk...
    That said, not all DUI's are driving drunk.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

That said, not all DUI's are driving drunk.
    sorry...impaired would have been a better term to utilize...

ipse

mikey...ya driving drunk happens all the time...some citizens in NM have 15+ DUIs and continue to drive drunk.

neighbour down the street FINALLY found a judge to put him away in country for a year for being cited 7 times ~ last one, he left his vehicle in the ditch and he hitched home...his appearance before the county judge was 10 months after the crash, his year was commuted to 4 months in county and then he was released for good behaviour.

oh BTW, the only reason this came to the judge's attention at all was he roamed the neighbourhood drunk, threatened to injury all the neighbours, when the nice deputies went to discuss it with him, he attacked them arrested at 1600L, was out on bail by 2200L. the county's Deputy DA told the deputies she was dropping their assault charges for this negotiated plea deal with the man's attorney.

4 months...so yes mikey it does happen all the time...

ipse
    I wasn't clear in my writing, my bad. IGOTD is Idiot Gun Owner of the Day. Shooting someone negligently doesn't happen as often as everyone thinks it does. That's what I was referring to.

I know drunk people drive all the time. That's nothing new.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitz View Post
    Supposedly an intoxicated man in a movie theatre drop and/or shot a woman who is now in critical condition in a movie theatre in Renton . . . It is in the local news . .. In other parts of the country, it is being alleged that this fellow was a concealed carry permit holder . . .

Not sure if that is being alleged in our local news.
    According to some of the most recent news, the fellow was visibly intoxicated and impaired and stumbled into the theatre and got a ticket; he was handling his gun, for no real reason other than mental impairment or haze, and had no reason he could give to police as to why there was a round in the chamber and then, he claims, some unknown stranger grabbed him in the crotch, with the result that he reacted by firing the handgun at another person who was acting innocently.

I am not sure if the guy is trying to create a self-defense claim or an accident explanation . . . but I somewhat tend to believe that the man's story of some random person in a dark theatre grabbing his crotch . . . just at the time that he was pointlessly playing with and/or pointing his loaded firearm . . . and his firearm somehow being one that had no safety and then went off . . .

I think I would have to hear of more cases of persons having their butt or crotch grabbed while sitting down in the movie theatre to believe this story . . . Till then, I tend to believe he has made up the story.

Do not play with your gun in a theater.
    Do not play with the gun of someone else in the theater.

Keep your gun holstered until it is needed or until you get home.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitz View Post
    ...I think I would have to hear of more cases of persons having their butt or crotch grabbed while sitting down in the movie theatre to believe this story . . . Till then, I tend to believe he has made up the story.
    You have to pay extra for those kinds of movie theaters.

you've read about those right?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-27-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Banned
    Yes, and they don't normally show movies such as 13 hours . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast