Thread: SNOWPOCALYPSE - Richmond Gun Show Cancelled.

SNOWPOCALYPSE - Richmond Gun Show Cancelled.

Just got an email from Showmasters, the Richmond gun show has been canceled.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Where is Mr. Gore when you need him?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Its a few snowflakes .. get a grip. People in Buffalo are laughing.

Local resident's experience driving in such conditions + municipality's ability to respond in a timely fashion are more important than the amount of snow.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Local resident's experience driving in such conditions + municipality's ability to respond in a timely fashion are more important than the amount of snow.
    I made a thread about the 1000 accidents ... I've been to TN in winter and they had like 12" of ice on some streets...

the email I saw mentioned that it was the venue that canceled the show

THE RICHMOND GUN SHOW
    IS CANCELLED JANUARY 23 - 24, 2016.
    THE BUILDING CANCELLED THE SHOW AND
    CLOSED THE BUILDING
    ON FRIDAY AT 10:10AM
    10.10 was about when Logan and I left Nick's after breakfast, there were just a few flakes in the air then. We went to the end of the block to Total Wine, spending about 10 minutes in there and by the time we left the roads were already white
    JFT 96

I'm sorry, did I offend you with my opinion?
    You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

Porthos, Athos, and Aramis = peter nap, skidmark and Grapeshot, d'Artagnan = ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I made a thread about the 1000 accidents ... I've been to TN in winter and they had like 12" of ice on some streets...
    BTW, did you notice that the vast majority of those accidents took place in Northern Virginia which is populated by folks who come there from liberal bastions such as New England (of which I believe Conn is a part) in order to suck on the government teat?

Those folks know how to drive in inclement weather about as well as they know how to run a government.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    the email I saw mentioned that it was the venue that canceled the show--snipped--
    The "venue" would be Showmaster at that site - they did not cancel the show. The property owner shut down the location because of the weather.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    BTW, did you notice that the vast majority of those accidents took place in Northern Virginia which is populated by folks who come there from liberal bastions such as New England (of which I believe Conn is a part) in order to suck on the government teat?

Those folks know how to drive in inclement weather about as well as they know how to run a government.

stay safe.
    Hooray ! Thanks for the note. Most normal people I expect just stay put for a while and have some coffee or go on reddit to pass the time until road conditions get better. Not some people though; your "liberal idiot" theory is interesting.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-23-2016 at 02:18 PM.

stay safe.
    Yes, they know so well that they ran away just like the Syrian "widows and orphans" NObama is importing to turn Virginia into a crap hole like the North.

Neither type of "know-it-all" is wanted or welcome. Virginians are NOT interested in repeating their mistakes.

stay safe.
    Northern Virginia is also the greatest population center, more cars, more accidents. Say what you will about New Englanders, they do know how to drive in snowy conditions.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    Northern Virginia is also the greatest population center, more cars, more accidents. Say what you will about New Englanders, they do know how to drive in snowy conditions.
    Especially around DC where I would imagine where people just go round and round in circles for no reason. Its the DC-effect.