Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Galled by Trump's success, Doomberg revisits a potential WH run. NYT

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157

    Galled by Trump's success, Doomberg revisits a potential WH run. NYT

    Michael R. Bloomberg has instructed advisers to draw up plans for a potential independent campaign in this year’s presidential race. His advisers and associates said he was galled by Donald J. Trump’s dominance of the Republican field, and troubled by Hillary Clinton’s stumbles and the rise of Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont on the Democratic side.

    Mr. Bloomberg, the billionaire former mayor of New York City, has in the past contemplated running for the White House on a third-party ticket, but always concluded he could not win. A confluence of unlikely events in the 2016 election, however, has given new impetus to his presidential aspirations.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/24/ny...-run.html?_r=0

    Google Real Time coverage. 26 Articles ATM
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...14NhZUXzqclaXM

    It's Capitol Dome; Two go in, one comes out! Starring Hag Hillary as Auntie Entity.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-23-2016 at 11:36 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157

    Doomberg trial balloon has Republicans laughing. Grassley touts the Second Amendment

    Michael Bloomberg may be contemplating a presidential run, but that isn't stopping Donald Trump from going on the offensive on guns. The billionaire real estate magnate boasted at a rally earlier this afternoon in Sioux City that he could “stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

    Sen. Chuck Grassley continued to hammer the 2nd Amendment message at a Trump rally at Central College. The veteran Iowa Republican, who said his appearance did not imply an endorsement, called out the need to maintain the "right to bear arms" as he spoke before Trump took the stage.

    Trump took up that same mantle during his rambling campaign speech. "We have to protect our Second Amendment. It is under siege," Trump told the crowd when going over his legislative priorities.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...eaction-218150
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,157

    Führer Doomberg's NYPD, "We will arrest you if you're on the road." Travel ban.

    Martial law has been declared in New York City.

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2000725/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Is this just for motor vehicles, I'm assuming?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Martial law has been declared in New York City.

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2000725/
    CT did same thing last year (year before?) .. I took my car out for a drive past the po po station .. they did nothing.

    Too bad the snow stopped falling on NYC .. would have been nice to see 100 ' of snow cover that craptopolis.

    Denver TD ... 1st possession ... 7-0 v pats
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-24-2016 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Michael Bloomberg may be contemplating a presidential run, but that isn't stopping Donald Trump from going on the offensive on guns. The billionaire real estate magnate boasted at a rally earlier this afternoon in Sioux City that he could “stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

    Sen. Chuck Grassley continued to hammer the 2nd Amendment message at a Trump rally at Central College. The veteran Iowa Republican, who said his appearance did not imply an endorsement, called out the need to maintain the "right to bear arms" as he spoke before Trump took the stage.

    Trump took up that same mantle during his rambling campaign speech. "We have to protect our Second Amendment. It is under siege," Trump told the crowd when going over his legislative priorities.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...eaction-218150
    I hope he runs, gets 0.02% and the demorat loses by 0.0199%.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-24-2016 at 03:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member REPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13
    Even if he does end up running he won't come close to winning. Not with his gun grabbing reputation.

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,883
    Quote Originally Posted by REPR View Post
    Even if he does end up running he won't come close to winning. Not with his gun grabbing reputation.
    visit 'spoiler effect' here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoiler_effect

    especially of interest is the table which i can't discern how to insert into this post.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,883
    thanks...you are still a gentleman and scholar of wondrous proportions...

    al's loss to big brother georgie doesn't count Jeb's 'chad' assistance

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-25-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    thanks...you are still a gentleman and scholar of wondrous proportions...

    al's loss to big brother georgie doesn't count Jeb's 'chad' assistance

    ipse
    And now we are a bunch of chicken pluckers !

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqvYLNaMZCo <<<<Ross Perot

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,620
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And now we are a bunch of chicken pluckers !

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqvYLNaMZCo <<<<Ross Perot
    Seems chicken pluckers are clucked.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •