Thread: Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals

Well, this should bog citizen's NICS appeals review down a bit...quote: ...in a January 20 USA Today article, employees tasked with reviewing NICS appeals have been “temporarily” reassigned to assist with the considerable increase in background checks. According to the article, this has created a backlog of 7,100 denial appeals. unquote.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...denial-appeals

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    For example .. in CT a denial can lead to a refusal to issue a carry permit. You need a permit to practice w/your handgun 'cause you cannot transport the gun without one (https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/c....htm#sec_29-38).

So you can own a handgun but not be able to practice...a violation of your RKBA and 2nd amendment (Ezell v. Chicago read more here: https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-le...ell-v-chicago/)

So now you'll never be able to practice with your gun in the foreseeable future...if you wanted to be a "law abiding citizen".

I suppose that many on this forum support BR checks as being reasonable....I suppose some small # of members of the forum want to ban guns all together too (antis that have joined).

People crying over this? Go out and BUILD YOUR OWN GUN if needed.

People complaining about gov't actions turning to the gov't for relief? Hello, McFly !

Background checks, as (mis)applied, are unconstitutional.

Even per the wording of the law they are not constitutional.

But no FFL I have even met follows the law as written as far as background checks go.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/25/fe...enial-appeals/

In what was dubbed a “makeshift reorganization” in a January 20 USA Today article, employees tasked with reviewing NICS appeals have been “temporarily” reassigned to assist with the considerable increase in background checks. According to the article, this has created a backlog of 7,100 denial appeals.

This is what we expect. The Injustice Department will not process the appeals of those who appeal the denial because those FBI employees assigned to do the appeal work have been temporarily reassigned. What is really going on is that Lynch is trying to hold the innocent gun loving people hostage. She wants more BATFE storm troopers, (who do NOT process background checks or background check appeals) but she says give me the additional manpower that our dear leader has demanded.

For those that live in universal background check states and have been unjustly denied by NICS, this is a quasi permanent disarmament - certainly a gross infringement on their right to keep and bear arms.

Shame on the injustice department and Lynch. Many know and understand your tactics.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

thunder...might wish to ask the mods to move your editorization of the news story to the thread already created...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Denial-Appeals

just saying...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    thunder...might wish to ask the mods to move your editorization of the news story to the thread already created...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Denial-Appeals

just saying...

ipse
    Done.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.