• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals

solus

davidmcbeth

Banned
For example .. in CT a denial can lead to a refusal to issue a carry permit. You need a permit to practice w/your handgun 'cause you cannot transport the gun without one (https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_529.htm#sec_29-38).

So you can own a handgun but not be able to practice...a violation of your RKBA and 2nd amendment (Ezell v. Chicago read more here: https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-legal-action/current-litigation/ezell-v-chicago/)

So now you'll never be able to practice with your gun in the foreseeable future...if you wanted to be a "law abiding citizen".

I suppose that many on this forum support BR checks as being reasonable....I suppose some small # of members of the forum want to ban guns all together too (antis that have joined).

People crying over this? Go out and BUILD YOUR OWN GUN if needed.

People complaining about gov't actions turning to the gov't for relief? Hello, McFly !

Freedom1Man

Background checks, as (mis)applied, are unconstitutional.

Even per the wording of the law they are not constitutional.

But no FFL I have even met follows the law as written as far as background checks go.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Thundar

Link: http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/25/feds-stop-processing-nics-denial-appeals/

In what was dubbed a “makeshift reorganization” in a January 20 USA Today article, employees tasked with reviewing NICS appeals have been “temporarily” reassigned to assist with the considerable increase in background checks. According to the article, this has created a backlog of 7,100 denial appeals.

This is what we expect. The Injustice Department will not process the appeals of those who appeal the denial because those FBI employees assigned to do the appeal work have been temporarily reassigned. What is really going on is that Lynch is trying to hold the innocent gun loving people hostage. She wants more BATFE storm troopers, (who do NOT process background checks or background check appeals) but she says give me the additional manpower that our dear leader has demanded.

For those that live in universal background check states and have been unjustly denied by NICS, this is a quasi permanent disarmament - certainly a gross infringement on their right to keep and bear arms.

Shame on the injustice department and Lynch. Many know and understand your tactics.