Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Rumors

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Rumors

    Sort of a sad story about VCDL rumors, with a good ending.
    I had a series of small procedures done today and it gave me time to talk to my nurse.
    I asked if she were a vcdl member and she said they started to join but one of her coworkers said vcdl was nothing but raciests.
    I pulled out the phone and showed some videos of events.
    Then I invited her to the next OCDO dinner which they're coming to schedule permitting.

  2. #2
    Regular Member FBrinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Henrico, VA
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Sort of a sad story about VCDL rumors, with a good ending.
    I had a series of small procedures done today and it gave me time to talk to my nurse.
    I asked if she were a vcdl member and she said they started to join but one of her coworkers said vcdl was nothing but raciests.
    I pulled out the phone and showed some videos of events.
    Then I invited her to the next OCDO dinner which they're coming to schedule permitting.
    Where on Earth did a rumor like that start? I haven't heard THAT one before.
    (hope you're feeling ok and doing well )

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Just when I think I have heard it all, comes something like this.

    There is but one race - the human race.

    Hope she is able to attend a meeting or dinner soon and decide for herself.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213
    I once heard a rumor that VCDL was a militia group formed to prevent invasion from Maryland.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    You cheeky devils....http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/raciest


    adjective, racier, raciest.
    1.
    slightly improper or indelicate; suggestive; risqué.
    2.
    vigorous; lively; spirited.
    3.
    sprightly; piquant; pungent:
    a racy literary style.
    4.
    having an agreeably peculiar taste or flavor, as wine, fruit, etc.

  6. #6
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448
    Every (anti) "knows" that pro gun groups are only for old fat white guys.

    This has traditionally been more true than false, but that doesn't make us (I am that stereotype) racist.

    The reasons for women and minorities not being better represented among us are many. The struggle to diversify continues.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    I once heard a rumor that VCDL was a militia group formed to prevent invasion from Maryland.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk


    That's a new one on me.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Truth be known, this is just another manifestation of "projection," the same phenomenon that causes many gun-haters to "know" that ANYONE with a gun will some day become a violent criminal, because they know that if they had one, they would not be able to control their own temper, etc, etc, etc...

    TFred

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Rumors are like tumors - they tend to grow if unchecked.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-24-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Rumors are like tumors - they tend to grow if not unchecked lanced.
    I fixed it.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Rumors are like tumors - they tend to grow if not unchecked.
    My doctor gave me a suave for rumors ... rub it on your head for 2 weeks (2x/day) ... and they clear up.

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    My doctor gave me a suave for rumors ... rub it on your head for 2 weeks (2x/day) ... and they clear up.
    No matter how hard or long you rub, you will never become suave. Nor debonair, for that matter.

    stay safe.

    (Spelling fascists strike again!)
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dandridge, TN
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Every (anti) "knows" that pro gun groups are only for old fat white guys.

    This has traditionally been more true than false, but that doesn't make us (I am that stereotype) racist.

    The reasons for women and minorities not being better represented among us are many. The struggle to diversify continues.
    Well...... I am too fat to run and too old to fight so..... That's exactly why I carry so I guess I am not offended.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Huh?
    Fixed the unintended double negative = Rumors are like tumors - they tend to grow if unchecked.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    596

    Roflmao

    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Sort of a sad story about VCDL rumors, with a good ending.
    I had a series of small procedures done today and it gave me time to talk to my nurse.
    I asked if she were a vcdl member and she said they started to join but one of her coworkers said vcdl was nothing but raciests.
    I pulled out the phone and showed some videos of events.
    Then I invited her to the next OCDO dinner which they're coming to schedule permitting.
    That's why our keynote speaker on Lobby Day was a single, young, black mother.

  16. #16
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    One of the left's favorite labels, the term "racist" is thrown out as a tool to try to nullify arguments with someone from the right.

    On Lobby Day, a woman in one of the anti-gun lobbying groups was walking by the group I was in and started saying, "Look at all the white men... all the white men... all of the white men with guns". Yes she was white and yes, she was probably a far left racist guilt-ridden woman just itching for a confrontation with one of us. She didn't get one.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  17. #17
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    One of the left's favorite labels, the term "racist" is thrown out as a tool to try to nullify arguments with someone from the right.

    On Lobby Day, a woman in one of the anti-gun lobbying groups was walking by the group I was in and started saying, "Look at all the white men... all the white men... all of the white men with guns". Yes she was white and yes, she was probably a far left racist guilt-ridden woman just itching for a confrontation with one of us. She didn't get one.
    All you can do is keep these people in check. The news media is in bed with them and we know this makes our job that much bigger. You will never convince these people. It's a genetic thing. Inbreeding has its consequences.

  18. #18
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    My doctor gave me a suave for rumors ... rub it on your head for 2 weeks (2x/day) ... and they clear up.
    Well that explains a lot, what the hell is in that salve...
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-25-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  19. #19
    Accomplished Advocate user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Piedmont of Virginia
    Posts
    2,373
    Made me think of what I call, "the tinfoil hat phenomenon". There are groups or even institutions that don't want the populace generally to believe that they would do what they're doing. So they start spreading rumors that are absurd, so that people will classify what's really going on as another one of those crazy "conspiracy theories". I call it the "tinfoil hat phenomenon" because, when the United States began testing experimental aircraft in the 1950's, they intentionally fostered rumors about aliens from other planets flying around, alien abductions, aliens shooting gamma rays to reprogram people's brains, stuff like that. So "area fifty-one" became known as the secret installation where the U.S. was doing research on aliens, and people started talking about strange experiences they'd had. Sort of like the popularity of succubi and incubi in the late middle ages. So the more people talked about the aliens, the more all talk about the possibility of extraterrestrial life became identified with the lunatic fringe. So when people actually saw experimental aircraft, they either didn't talk about it or became known as one of those nutcase tinfoil hat people.

    I've had a number of walk-in clients with nearly identical, but absurd stories about how the CIA had planted "listening devices" in their brains, and that nearby neighbors had special radio equipment to spy on the subjects' thoughts, even to observing what the subjects were seeing. Each of these prospective clients had a drawing which they'd made, purportedly depicting a map of their brains showing the locations of all the devices the CIA had planted in them. They all had the same idea: "I want justice; I want it now; I want it on my terms; I want it for free; and I want you to get it for me because of your dedication to the cause of justice and because this case will result in important precedents for which you'll become famous." I didn't take any of those cases, and in fact, I closed that office and started working out of my house.

    On the other hand, I had one prospective client who'd had a grandfather who was from that part of India that later became Pakistan. He went to work for an agency of the United States, and became enrolled in their medical/dental insurance plan. The plan identified specific doctors and dentists enrollees were to see, and the PC cooperated with that. Later, he discovered that the dentist had implanted a device near the temporomandibular joint on one side of his face, and the doctor had implanted several devices in different parts of his body. CAT scans revealed five such devices in all, and the existence and function of these devices have been confirmed by reliable experts. The devices were passive RFID chips, like they use on dogs. The idea being apparently, that because he'd had an ancestor of Middle-Eastern extraction, he might be sympathetic to terrorists, so when he goes through airport security, they want to be able to know about it and track his movements. He's not a nut case, and I referred him to a guy who does civil rights litigation. But the fake rumors originated by government agencies and others designed to cover their tracks by getting people to dismiss such allegations had an effect on his ability to get medical treatment for the injuries sustained in the insertion of these devices.

    So what I'm thinking is this: I'll start telling people that it is a well-known and established fact, that the VCDL is a heavily armed group organized by and run by the Jesuits as part of their plot to take over the government of the United States by force. They have many such groups, all over the country which the recent arrests in Oregon go to prove. Most of the members of the VCDL would identify themselves as Christians, and many as Catholic, and they are all sympathetic to the claims that the Pope is the legitimate head of all civil governments, and are secretly working to establish him as Emperor in the United States, in league with Catholic spies in the State Department and the CIA. This is the reason that the VCDL is working so hard to get guns into the hands of illegal immigrants from Central and South America, because the incoming Latins are all Catholic. That's the real reason why they oppose the sensible gun control legislation aimed at closing the gun-show loophole, to prohibit anonymous online sales of firearms without a background check, and to require local law enforcement agencies to sell guns seized as evidence to anyone who comes in with the cash instead of destroying them or converting them to law enforcement use.

    See, after hearing that often enough, people will just relegate all these conspiracy theories to rubbish, and assume that all anti-gun nuts are just that. Right?
    Last edited by user; 01-27-2016 at 08:42 AM.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

    By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    ^ ^ No tin foil hat warning! ^ ^




    It's not paranoia if it's really happening.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-27-2016 at 08:51 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Wowwie!!!

    Right!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  22. #22
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,737
    I looked under my bed and found mixed amongst the dust one conspiracy theorist. I smashed it with my shoe. I've heard that conspiracy theorists have more than one life. Should I be concerned?
    Last edited by color of law; 01-27-2016 at 09:53 AM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,884
    user, and ppl will believe what you just put in the public domain...

    now i shall await the news from VCDL you are considered an outcast from the organization for telling their secret(s).

    but a suggestion...might wish to have someone taste your food, first, after it is served and have the brakes on your vehicle checked regularly cuz i heard VCDL don't get mad they get even!!

    i even heard the Cosa Nostra learned their revenge strategy from VCDL,,

    live long and prosper...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    User,

    You forgot to mention that VCDL is also the modern day arm of the Illuminati and run in secret by 75th degree Free Masons. How did you miss that????


    ;>)
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 01-28-2016 at 02:55 AM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Piedmont-Culpeper
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Made me think of what I call, "the tinfoil hat phenomenon". There are groups or even institutions that don't want the populace generally to believe that they would do what they're doing. So they start spreading rumors that are absurd, so that people will classify what's really going on as another one of those crazy "conspiracy theories". I call it the "tinfoil hat phenomenon" because, when the United States began testing experimental aircraft in the 1950's, they intentionally fostered rumors about aliens from other planets flying around, alien abductions, aliens shooting gamma rays to reprogram people's brains, stuff like that. So "area fifty-one" became known as the secret installation where the U.S. was doing research on aliens, and people started talking about strange experiences they'd had. Sort of like the popularity of succubi and incubi in the late middle ages. So the more people talked about the aliens, the more all talk about the possibility of extraterrestrial life became identified with the lunatic fringe. So when people actually saw experimental aircraft, they either didn't talk about it or became known as one of those nutcase tinfoil hat people.

    I've had a number of walk-in clients with nearly identical, but absurd stories about how the CIA had planted "listening devices" in their brains, and that nearby neighbors had special radio equipment to spy on the subjects' thoughts, even to observing what the subjects were seeing. Each of these prospective clients had a drawing which they'd made, purportedly depicting a map of their brains showing the locations of all the devices the CIA had planted in them. They all had the same idea: "I want justice; I want it now; I want it on my terms; I want it for free; and I want you to get it for me because of your dedication to the cause of justice and because this case will result in important precedents for which you'll become famous." I didn't take any of those cases, and in fact, I closed that office and started working out of my house.

    On the other hand, I had one prospective client who'd had a grandfather who was from that part of India that later became Pakistan. He went to work for an agency of the United States, and became enrolled in their medical/dental insurance plan. The plan identified specific doctors and dentists enrollees were to see, and the PC cooperated with that. Later, he discovered that the dentist had implanted a device near the temporomandibular joint on one side of his face, and the doctor had implanted several devices in different parts of his body. CAT scans revealed five such devices in all, and the existence and function of these devices have been confirmed by reliable experts. The devices were passive RFID chips, like they use on dogs. The idea being apparently, that because he'd had an ancestor of Middle-Eastern extraction, he might be sympathetic to terrorists, so when he goes through airport security, they want to be able to know about it and track his movements. He's not a nut case, and I referred him to a guy who does civil rights litigation. But the fake rumors originated by government agencies and others designed to cover their tracks by getting people to dismiss such allegations had an effect on his ability to get medical treatment for the injuries sustained in the insertion of these devices.

    So what I'm thinking is this: I'll start telling people that it is a well-known and established fact, that the VCDL is a heavily armed group organized by and run by the Jesuits as part of their plot to take over the government of the United States by force. They have many such groups, all over the country which the recent arrests in Oregon go to prove. Most of the members of the VCDL would identify themselves as Christians, and many as Catholic, and they are all sympathetic to the claims that the Pope is the legitimate head of all civil governments, and are secretly working to establish him as Emperor in the United States, in league with Catholic spies in the State Department and the CIA. This is the reason that the VCDL is working so hard to get guns into the hands of illegal immigrants from Central and South America, because the incoming Latins are all Catholic. That's the real reason why they oppose the sensible gun control legislation aimed at closing the gun-show loophole, to prohibit anonymous online sales of firearms without a background check, and to require local law enforcement agencies to sell guns seized as evidence to anyone who comes in with the cash instead of destroying them or converting them to law enforcement use.

    See, after hearing that often enough, people will just relegate all these conspiracy theories to rubbish, and assume that all anti-gun nuts are just that. Right?
    Did you ask any of these prospective clients why the CIA would do something like this to them specifically? Or did you not ask that question because you didn't want to know the answer? Sometimes, some things are better left unsaid.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •