Thread: Wauwatosa man under investigation for illegal gun sales

Wauwatosa man under investigation for illegal gun sales

A Wauwatosa man is under federal investigation for selling guns without a proper license, buying more than 500 firearms from an outdoors store and then selling them through a website or at gun shows, according to newly unsealed court documents. The guns, primarily used firearms, were purchased from 13 Gander Mountain stores scattered across Wisconsin and sold through the website Gunbroker, according to a search warrant unsealed in federal court in Milwaukee last week.

The suspect, who is 60, recruited Gander Mountain employees to watch for used firearms and call him when they came into the store, according to the affidavit. He paid the employees a kickback for the referrals, it said. The suspect, who is not being named because he has not been arrested or charged, could not be reached for comment through email or phone messages.

The case remains open, according to Martin Siebenaler, spokesman with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is investigating the matter. Siebenaler said he was unable to comment further because it an ongoing investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Margaret Honrath, who is handling the case for the U.S. attorney's office in Milwaukee, declined to comment.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/w...366433831.html
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A Wauwatosa man is under federal investigation for selling guns without a proper license, buying more than 500 firearms from an outdoors store and then selling them through a website or at gun shows, according to newly unsealed court documents. The guns, primarily used firearms, were purchased from 13 Gander Mountain stores scattered across Wisconsin and sold through the website Gunbroker, according to a search warrant unsealed in federal court in Milwaukee last week.

The suspect, who is 60, recruited Gander Mountain employees to watch for used firearms and call him when they came into the store, according to the affidavit. He paid the employees a kickback for the referrals, it said. The suspect, who is not being named because he has not been arrested or charged, could not be reached for comment through email or phone messages.

The case remains open, according to Martin Siebenaler, spokesman with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is investigating the matter. Siebenaler said he was unable to comment further because it an ongoing investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Margaret Honrath, who is handling the case for the U.S. attorney's office in Milwaukee, declined to comment.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/w...366433831.html
    see obama's scheme has worked already...(your choice if you believe the sarcasm button is pushed or not)

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

While I applaud the man personally, there is the appearance that this violated a law that was established long before 0bama.

I hope he can demonstrate that he himself has a collection and he was buying and selling with the purpose of testing the firearms for enhancing his personal collection.

Otherwise, it would certainly appear that he was dealing without a license.

I actually care more that Gander Mountain employees were probably violating a store policy.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Let me see .. a guy buys property. A guy sells his property. No crime here. Not guilty of anything.

Of course some folks on the forum have not come to the realization that all gun laws violate your natural rights.

I'm sure many will come around....in time.