Thread: Scratches and dings

Scratches and dings

There are no such things as stupid questions right?

So I noticed my chunk of polymer is showing signs of bumping up against walls and other obstacles while hanging from my hip, especially on the grip. Does anyone have advice to offer on how to avoid or minimize the wear and tear on your strong side while OC, other than learning how to walk on eggshells?

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post

So I noticed my chunk of polymer is showing signs of bumping up against walls and other obstacles while hanging from my hip, especially on the grip. Does anyone have advice to offer on how to avoid or minimize the wear and tear on your strong side while OC, other than learning how to walk on eggshells?
    didn't this get discussed w/Putin 'walking' the gun walk without waddling:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0fccee16ff6ba

or

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...raining-report

believe it or not, the 'walk' does keep your strong side firearm from bumping against door frames. additionally, if you forget and dip, your hand hits the door frame, hard, immediately reminding you screwed up the 'walk'.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-25-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

if your going to use them they well show wear.

Not only are they there to carry your firearm but to protect it from dings and bangs.

Kind of hard to protect them when they are out in the open.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

No need to walk on eggshells, but you need to adjust your awareness of your body in space. your body is x inches wider on the strong side, so you need to adjust your centerline to deal with that.

It's much like switching from driving one vehicle to another - steering wheels and centerlines are not all standard.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Nicks and dings = normal wear.

Wear = character squared.

Both myself and my EDC have a lot of character.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

yes grape i am sure a lot of folk believe you are a character...er can attest to your character...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Haha I like the Putin walk idea. I'll have to work on my swagger. Hopefully it will come across more like John Wayne and less like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

As Grapeshot said, just accept the character. Oddly enough, my Galco holster has some scuffs that would go away if I threw it in the oven (it has been hot waxed, so the wax would melt and re-harden, erasing most surface discolorations), but I prefer how it looks with the character marks. Lets people know I actually carry it.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Putin Walk

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    didn't this get discussed w/Putin 'walking' the gun walk without waddling:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0fccee16ff6ba

or

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...raining-report

believe it or not, the 'walk' does keep your strong side firearm from bumping against door frames. additionally, if you forget and dip, your hand hits the door frame, hard, immediately reminding you screwed up the 'walk'.

ipse
    Damn,
    I like that walk and I see it as good habit to form while OC or CC on your strong side.

Quote Originally Posted by Satdiver View Post
    Damn,
    I like that walk and I see it as good habit to form while OC or CC on your strong side.
    it is extremely against the body's natural gait and takes enormous amounts of concentration until the muscle memory and brain get appropriately trained. then your friends will ask when did you have your stroke, adding 'you are making excellent progress to walk again!!'

ipse