Thread: Gun Purchase Denied:

Gun Purchase Denied:

Group:
    I'm in need of some help with the denial I received 6 Jan 2016 when I tried to buy a new handgun.
    I received my "Appeals Request Letter" today from the FBI and it didn't say any more information in it than was already posted on there web site.
    I didn't get a clear reason why I was denied so, now I'm at a lost as to how I get it cleared up.
    I was arrested for simple assault with domestic violence but the incident was a total accident and the officer charges were trumped-up and the court dismissed them and I was not convicted so, that should not be grounds for the denial. By the way I'm U.S Air Force, retired and also U. S. Treasury Department Retired and always carried a Top Secret Security Clearance, also worked for NASA.
    So anyone know where I can go to get this matter cleared up please advise.
    Thank You So Very Munch!!!
    TomP

Founder's Club Member
    Get an attorney who supports the right to self-defense.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    https://forms.fbi.gov/nics-appeal-request-form

this the letter u got? ^^^

FYI...there has been recent news articles noting that appeals of this nature take a long time ...

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
    Group:
    I'm in need of some help with the denial I received 6 Jan 2016 when I tried to buy a new handgun.
    I received my "Appeals Request Letter" today from the FBI and it didn't say any more information in it than was already posted on there web site.
    I didn't get a clear reason why I was denied so, now I'm at a lost as to how I get it cleared up.
    I was arrested for simple assault with domestic violence but the incident was a total accident and the officer charges were trumped-up and the court dismissed them and I was not convicted so, that should not be grounds for the denial. By the way I'm U.S Air Force, retired and also U. S. Treasury Department Retired and always carried a Top Secret Security Clearance, also worked for NASA.
    So anyone know where I can go to get this matter cleared up please advise.
    Thank You So Very Munch!!!
    TomP
    I was once denied wrongfully, it took 18 months and an attorney to get it cleared up. Without having an attorney I know it would have taken me over two years to get through all the B.S. red tape.

I suggest you simultaneously apply for the UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number) at the same time your going through the appeal process. This UPIN will prevent any further problems when buying a handgun in the future.

In my situation I was informed by NICS and the state that being denied the purchase in no way affected my CPL or my rights to own or carry a firearm, I just wasn't allowed to buy firearms. Crazy, I know.

Bad news for appeals in article below

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...denial-appeals

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Denial-Appeals
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I read that whole article, and they are planning on not processing any appeals. Get denied? No recourse, done.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    That is exactly why you don't buy from stores. Buy privately. No paperwork, no possibility of being denied. The all important word 'keep' in the 2A comes into play here. You can't be stopped from keeping arms, unless you allow yourself to be.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    That is exactly why you don't buy from stores. Buy privately. No paperwork, no possibility of being denied. The all important word 'keep' in the 2A comes into play here. You can't be stopped from keeping arms, unless you allow yourself to be.
    Or build your own....I think we agree, BR checks? What BR checks?

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Or build your own....I think we agree, BR checks? What BR checks?
    +1
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    How about applying for a FFL ? Forget the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Are you advocating condoning illegal practices on a public forum? (Your location WA, requiring BCG's under 594)
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Are you advocating condoning illegal practices on a public forum? (Your location WA, requiring BCG's under 594)
    u can build your own, right?