• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Purchase Denied:

TomP

Group:
I'm in need of some help with the denial I received 6 Jan 2016 when I tried to buy a new handgun.
I received my "Appeals Request Letter" today from the FBI and it didn't say any more information in it than was already posted on there web site.
I didn't get a clear reason why I was denied so, now I'm at a lost as to how I get it cleared up.
I was arrested for simple assault with domestic violence but the incident was a total accident and the officer charges were trumped-up and the court dismissed them and I was not convicted so, that should not be grounds for the denial. By the way I'm U.S Air Force, retired and also U. S. Treasury Department Retired and always carried a Top Secret Security Clearance, also worked for NASA.
So anyone know where I can go to get this matter cleared up please advise.
Thank You So Very Munch!!!
TomP

OC Freedom

Group:
I'm in need of some help with the denial I received 6 Jan 2016 when I tried to buy a new handgun.
I received my "Appeals Request Letter" today from the FBI and it didn't say any more information in it than was already posted on there web site.
I didn't get a clear reason why I was denied so, now I'm at a lost as to how I get it cleared up.
I was arrested for simple assault with domestic violence but the incident was a total accident and the officer charges were trumped-up and the court dismissed them and I was not convicted so, that should not be grounds for the denial. By the way I'm U.S Air Force, retired and also U. S. Treasury Department Retired and always carried a Top Secret Security Clearance, also worked for NASA.
So anyone know where I can go to get this matter cleared up please advise.
Thank You So Very Munch!!!
TomP

I was once denied wrongfully, it took 18 months and an attorney to get it cleared up. Without having an attorney I know it would have taken me over two years to get through all the B.S. red tape.

I suggest you simultaneously apply for the UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number) at the same time your going through the appeal process. This UPIN will prevent any further problems when buying a handgun in the future.

In my situation I was informed by NICS and the state that being denied the purchase in no way affected my CPL or my rights to own or carry a firearm, I just wasn't allowed to buy firearms. Crazy, I know.

Bad news for appeals in article below:(

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160122/no-way-out-feds-stop-processing-nics-denial-appeals

rightwinglibertarian

That is exactly why you don't buy from stores. Buy privately. No paperwork, no possibility of being denied. The all important word 'keep' in the 2A comes into play here. You can't be stopped from keeping arms, unless you allow yourself to be.

davidmcbeth

Banned
That is exactly why you don't buy from stores. Buy privately. No paperwork, no possibility of being denied. The all important word 'keep' in the 2A comes into play here. You can't be stopped from keeping arms, unless you allow yourself to be.

Or build your own....I think we agree, BR checks? What BR checks?

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Are you advocating condoning illegal practices on a public forum? (Your location WA, requiring BCG's under 594)