Thread: Wisconsin is the 25th gun friendly state, minnesota 39th Arizona 1st

Wisconsin is the 25th gun friendly state, minnesota 39th Arizona 1st

According to Guns and Ammo, Wisconsin has a looong way to go before becoming number 1 like Arizona. A clearer picture is emerging that the Republican majority in our state have infringed on our 2A right. Now if they are doing it, and when the Democrats come into power, and they will someday, we might flop down to number 40 or so.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-t...n-owners-2015/
    Last edited by Law abider; 01-26-2016 at 01:52 PM.

For South Carolina to outrank Wisconsin only highlights the stupidity of this ...
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    CT ranks #1, right?

In actuality we all have the same rights. Its just the amount of gov't tyranny differs. So the listing should be "Gov't Tyranny" ranking as opposed to "gun friendly".

Submit to tyranny or not, its your choice.

have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    CT ranks #1, right?

In actuality we all have the same rights. Its just the amount of gov't tyranny differs. So the listing should be "Gov't Tyranny" ranking as opposed to "gun friendly".

Submit to tyranny or not, its your choice.

have a good day.
    Correct! That was the point you picked up in my other post

Wisconsin

Remember, Wisconsin just recently passed a concealed carry permit (along with open carry) about 3 or maybe 4 years ago. At the time, only Wisconsin and Illinois prohibited concealed carry. Governor Walker signed the bill. Wisconsin, with only 3 or 4 years under its belt, has done a great job. I believe it is a "shall issue" State, not "may issue." Open and concealed carry is becoming commonplace. I would put Wisconsin in the top 15.

Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    Remember, Wisconsin just recently passed a concealed carry permit (along with open carry) about 3 or maybe 4 years ago. At the time, only Wisconsin and Illinois prohibited concealed carry. Governor Walker signed the bill. Wisconsin, with only 3 or 4 years under its belt, has done a great job. I believe it is a "shall issue" State, not "may issue." Open and concealed carry is becoming commonplace. I would put Wisconsin in the top 15.
    Why the lower ranking by Guns and Ammo?

Wis. has always been an open carry state.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Passing SB589 would be a good start, then getting Stand Your Ground, and Constitutional Carry (which should just be the repeal of all the restrictions), be able to have a beer with dinner, and use our CCL for a background check to buy a firearm. I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can come up with in 2 minutes.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    You know this ranking is from last July 21, 2015.

Even so I disagree with some of their criteria.
    Last edited by color of law; 01-26-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Just my Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Why the lower ranking by Guns and Ammo?
    I can't explain why G&A has Wisconsin 25th. Florida is 12th and South Carolina is 14th, yet both prohibit open carry.

Ok, ok, ok

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Wis. has always been an open carry state.
    I know Wisconsin was always an open carry State, but it was very rare to see anyone open carrying. Maybe in the rural areas. I didn't mean to say that Wisconsin just passed open carry at the same time it passed a shall issue concealed carry law. My point was that Wisconsin passed a concealed carry law while not interfering with the open carry practice. I am not from Wisconsin, but it is hard for me to agree that Florida (12th) and South Carolina (14th) should be rated better than the Badger State (25th) when both States specifically prohibit open carry. What do you generally think of the ratings?

i'm still at a loss to explain how 'johnny come lately' texas is ranked 15th...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain