Thread: New CPL Look?

New CPL Look?

One of my female friends just received Her CPL in the mail 5 days after applying for it. Amazing turn around time for the new application system. I'm impressed. Although one thing that she asked me is why her cpl is white whereas mine is blue and looks fairly different from hers. Is this how the new licenses will look? Or is it because she lives in a different county than I do? Although with the MSP now running the show it would seem like all of them would be the same. A picture of it is below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	12956

It looks like everyone is going to white CPLs. There's a thread about it on MGO.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    There's a thread about it on MGO.
    Would you mind posting a link?

"No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

It comes back as

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    It comes back as

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
    Did you log in?

It comes back as

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck125 View Post
    Did you log in?
    ROFLMAO...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

It comes back as

Then login or sign up. It's free.

I just got mine in the mail, Friday. It looks the same as the one in the OP. What frosts my butt, they still charge for the picture, but they're using the one on file from your drivers license. So, why don't we get a discount. Specially on renewals, they don't have to take my prints again, they're already in the system, but I still have to pay for it?

Some days I wanna move back to Indiana. I can get a lifetime license there.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.