Thread: Deputy's gun goes off in judge's chambers at St. Louis courthouse

Deputy's gun goes off in judge's chambers at St. Louis courthouse

ST. LOUIS ē A St. Louis sheriff's deputy has been suspended without pay as the office investigates why his gun went off in a judge's chambers Monday.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...7650eb013.html
    ...personnel issue...I
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    A mental evaluation is in order. No guns in the court house, then there should be no guns in the court house. There are dangerous people out there with guns. Some of those dangerous people also wear a badge.

Banned
    The bullet reportedly went through a wall and become lodged in a circuit court judge's desk in the back offices of one of the downtown courthouses.

ROFL ... now if it was discharged in yours or my house all would be well for this deputy....but it happened before some gov't official its a big deal.

I can tell them how it happened: he put his finger on the trigger of a loaded gun with one in the chamber and pulled it. Onto next mystery.

Maybe the judge was hearing his divorce case. ..he's a terrible shot...should be fired just for that.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-27-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Barney Fife?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by regatta52 View Post
    Barney Fife?

No, Barney carried a revolver. Revolvers ain't got locks. Just that one made in Britain years ago that functioned semi-automatically.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by regatta52 View Post
    Barney Fife?
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

No, Barney carried a revolver. Revolvers ain't got locks. Just that one made in Britain years ago that functioned semi-automatically.
    And Barney only had one bullet but it was in his shirt pocket
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    And Barney only had one bullet but it was in his shirt pocket
    Give yourself a ticket Barn.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    "Guzy said the gun, if holstered, would have been on lock, so one of the things they will be investigating is why it was drawn. "

What? Guns have a "lock" and "unlock", now? Lock? Like with a key? That must be really convenient for St. Louis deputy sheriff's. Please Mr. Criminal, wait a minute while I unlock my gun? This statement was from a sheriff's dept. spokesman? WTF
    Pretty sure you're being tongue in cheek a little there, gutshot. But let's not confuse anybody here that may not be familiar with firearms gear: I kind of think the sheriff's spokesman meant that the gun was holstered in a retention rig of some level, hence "locked" in. Poorly worded but good enough for the unwashed masses.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Cop teaching judge proper gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    "Guzy said the gun, if holstered, would have been on lock, so one of the things they will be investigating is why it was drawn. "

What? Guns have a "lock" and "unlock", now? Lock? Like with a key? That must be really convenient for St. Louis deputy sheriff's. Please Mr. Criminal, wait a minute while I unlock my gun? This statement was from a sheriff's dept. spokesman? WTF
    Note the term Autolock.

Uncle Mikeís Law Enforcement EVO3 Triple Retention Holster

Uncle Mikeís Law Enforcement presents the new EVO3 Triple Retention Holster for light-bearing pistols. To make sure the firearm stays locked in place until itís meant to be drawn, the holster comes with three-way security. The holsterís internal locking system provides a snug fit by engaging the ejection port and a spring-loaded retention hood. With just a touch of the finger, the locking device can be released, but stays inaccessible to everyone but the user. A modular design makes it easy to convert to a non-light-bearing configuration. This model is now ready for the Glock 17 and Glock 22 pistols.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/wea...nd-secure.aspx
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I can tell them how it happened: he put his finger on the trigger of a loaded gun with one in the chamber and pulled it. Onto next mystery.
    That's exactly the kind of logic we need in our government right now..... Its called common sense without political correctness.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.