• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

greensboro's gun show this weekend

solus

ok, searched the forum, nothing of substance nor anything recent on this show; therefore, i notice a conflict between the Greensboro Coliseum Complex rules and the GGun Show rules.

Greensboro Coliseum Complex rules:
The following items are prohibited from being brought into the Greensboro Coliseum Complex
Weapons of any description, including firearms (weapons carried with a permit are also prohibited)

GGS:
All guns, including exhibitor's personal guns, must be unloaded and kept unloaded before entering the building.
All guns are checked and tied for safety before entering the exhibition building with customers.

so while i understand private property mandates notwithstanding, which i respect, and therefore normally avoid this event, i am wondering if this complex belongs to the city government and are violating state exemption statutes for government entities.

i attempted to call the deputy director of the complex to ascertain if the complex is in fact a governmental entity or private enterprise, however, Mr. Johnson's voice mail stated he was out of the office until the 11th of Jan (? considering it is the 27th) and to contact the secretary or leave a msg. msg left to call me back.

BIG question now...is the event worth the effort to attend? the GGS' promo states, quote: Established in 1970, we have a long history of providing one of the largest gun and knife shows on the East coast. unquote, which i take as BS, but one never knows...so worth the drive?

ipse

nobama

This is the norm for all the gun shows I have been to. Yes, it is a good show. If you want to carry, it has to be unloaded before you get to the door.