• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Action February 17th Meeting - Frankfort KY

poetdante

There's probably no more than 20 people from opposition total who showed up. I'd say we were there in equal force but it's harder to tell given they all had matching unitards. Maybe they truly are afraid of guns and gun owners and are trying to blend together as a zebra-esque defense strategy?

MDA 2.21.16 Lies 2.jpg

Last edited:

Ahareht

There's probably no more than 20 people from opposition total who showed up. I'd say we were there in equal force but it's harder to tell given they all had matching unitards. Maybe they truly are afraid of guns and gun owners and are trying to blend together as a zebra-esque defense strategy?

View attachment 12993

Dante,

You forget that until I started posting common sense on their Facebook they thought I was their supporting them. I quote "You were with the gun guys? I thought you were their with us, you were so nice." It is very possible that they may, in the future, count any nice person not openly carrying as part of their support group in order to inflate numbers.

I replied to the question above "We're all nice, you'd know that if you'd bother to talk to us instead of snapping photos behind our backs."

poetdante

Dante,

You forget that until I started posting common sense on their Facebook they thought I was their supporting them. I quote "You were with the gun guys? I thought you were their with us, you were so nice." It is very possible that they may, in the future, count any nice person not openly carrying as part of their support group in order to inflate numbers.

I replied to the question above "We're all nice, you'd know that if you'd bother to talk to us instead of snapping photos behind our backs."

Oh burn! Well said A. It is a shame they are so closed minded. How come they get to say "we're not against guns we just think X, Y, and Z" but when we try to talk to them about it they say "We don't want to talk to you. We know you're against what we are doing and you are not our friends"?

As for anyone nice and not open carrying, I'm thinking they'll be instituting a policy against letting anyone not wearing their shirts join them in meetings in the future.

Ahareht

Oh burn! Well said A. It is a shame they are so closed minded. How come they get to say "we're not against guns we just think X, Y, and Z" but when we try to talk to them about it they say "We don't want to talk to you. We know you're against what we are doing and you are not our friends"?

As for anyone nice and not open carrying, I'm thinking they'll be instituting a policy against letting anyone not wearing their shirts join them in meetings in the future.

Honestly, I think next time they have a public rally, everyone should show up WEARING moms demand action t shirts and buttons, while open carrying. I'd love to see pictures of that posted on their Facebook.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

View attachment 12993
They got a representative's conference room we got the Capital Rotunda. I guess size does matter......

poetdante

They got a representative's conference room we got the Capital Rotunda. I guess size does matter......

That videos is so stupid and misleading. I am pretty certain most states don't allow carry into a bar if you are at the bar area (yes little wordings make variation for every state). Maybe it's a resteraunt and he really can be there but they are portraying it as a bar.

As for their conference room, I wonder which one gave them it? We got one too for that matter.

Now, how to get those shirts....there should be a few selling on ebay for less than nothing....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That videos is so stupid and misleading. I am pretty certain most states don't allow carry into a bar if you are at the bar area (yes little wordings make variation for every state). Maybe it's a resteraunt and he really can be there but they are portraying it as a bar.

As for their conference room, I wonder which one gave them it? We got one too for that matter.

Now, how to get those shirts....there should be a few selling on ebay for less than nothing....

Actually "most states" do allow carry in establishments that sell adult beverages.

http://www.opencarry.org/maps/restaurant-travel/

poetdante

Actually "most states" do allow carry in establishments that sell adult beverages.

http://www.opencarry.org/maps/restaurant-travel/

You misunderstand me. Carry in establishments that sell beverages, like restaurants, is one thing. I'm pretty sure places like KY prohibits carry in a bar and places that sell alcohol by the dink where they make more than half their earnings from alcohol. Regardless, the male actor puts down a drink on the counter. The insinuation is that he is drinking at a bar, while carrying, something that Moms Demand Action has been pushing that most states allow carry at a bar and drinking while carrying

OC for ME

David M. Bennett; February 19, 2016 at 10:43 am - “A shoot-out is better than a massacre!”
Priceless!!! :banana:

RSMo 571.030. 1. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:

(5) Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his or her person, while he or she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self-defense; or
Mere possession is not a crime.

RSMo 571.107. 1. A concealed carry permit issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, ... shall [not] authorize any person to carry concealed firearms into:

(7) Any establishment licensed to dispense intoxicating liquor for consumption on the premises, which portion is primarily devoted to that purpose, without the consent of the owner or manager. The provisions of this subdivision shall not apply to the licensee of said establishment. The provisions of this subdivision shall not apply to any bona fide restaurant open to the general public having dining facilities for not less than fifty persons and that receives at least fifty-one percent of its gross annual income from the dining facilities by the sale of food. This subdivision does not prohibit the possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premises of the establishment and shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises. Nothing in this subdivision authorizes any individual who has been issued a concealed carry permit or endorsement to possess any firearm while intoxicated;
A wee bit of a conflict in this statute. Elected critters are no prone to use their thinking caps when actively engaged in their trade.

OC is not subject to this statute because OCing does not require a permit except where RSMo 21.750.3 is invoked by a anti-liberty town.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

My point is we got the rotunda, they didn't....

poetdante

df0a345ef6aa53397a301d6e93d20ab2.jpg

So apparently they are being a lot more low key about issues. I wonder if these "300 calls" were to KY legislators or nationally? I was asked to "make calls" for NRA backed bills but it ended up being all over the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk