• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moms Demand Action February 17th Meeting - Frankfort KY

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My dog did not appreciate hearing that hag bark. He barked and growled in protest.

Good dog!

Once knew a K9 officer who had a big male doberman who would "smile" on command - was great for passive/agressive crowd control.

Smile your on camera.
5788571865_92e8bd87fa_m.jpg

Such a happy dog - loves a good joke too.

solus

now now grape, remember it is a public forum so let's not allow ourselves to be lowered to the same level ...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
now now grape, remember it is a public forum so let's not allow ourselves to be lowered to the same level ...

ipse

I was happy, polite, and smiling - so were the dogs. If their tails hadn't been docked, ya likely could have seen them wagging. [strike]Not unlike the males in Everytown's org.[/strike] Opps scratch that.

I couldn't stoop that low.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemand...0719666712627/923460411105213/?type=3&theater

We made the main Facebook page. Even more of you all are featured this time. Strange that my photo isn't there (they took it enough) but I guess a disabled veteran with a service dog doesn't fit their mold for irresponsible gun owner. They got one of your fantastic pink came, but not your hair sadly.
From the MOM'S facebook page posted above:
Gun extremists showed up uninvited to a lobby day for commonsense gun laws held by our Kentucky Moms yesterday at the statehouse. We were armed with gift bags full of cookies and thank you cards. The gun extremists were armed with—well—guns: http://every.tw/1SV55Y0
According to them we crashed their party. But, according to the news station the mommies appeared to have crashed our party.
FRANKFORT, Ky. —The group Kentucky Students for Concealed Carry believes colleges would be safer if they could bring guns on campus.
They held a rally Wednesday in Frankfort to support a bill allowing just that, but opponents were there as well.
Supporters of the bill want to be able to defend themselves and stop active shooters. Opponents worry there will be more shootings, accidental or otherwise.
"The thought of guns on a college campus is just very concerning to me," Connie Coartney said.
Coartney is a mother of two college students who worries about House Bill 221.
It would allow guns on school properties, from elementary schools to colleges.
Coartney and other members of Moms Demand Action were in Frankfort Wednesday to voice their concerns.
So was University of Louisville student Ilye Chernyavskiy, who organized a rally in the capitol rotunda in support of the bill.
The News link makes clear that Kentucky Students for Concealed Carry held a rally in the capitol rotunda Wednesday in Frankfort. There is no mention of any rally held by the Mommies. Even the bill's sponsor, State Rep. Tim Moore, participated in the well organized rally.

It's clear the true extremists are the mommies.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
That is not the solution. The best thing to do is to get rid of Mike. Then, the camera might naturally find me.
I know this crazy woman... Shannon Watts. I think she'd be down for that kind of "dirty work" - if you know what I mean. :eek:

After all, you deserve it. :cool:

;)

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
What these mommies don't seem to understand is that some of the attendees were state employees and those state employees are, under Ky law, permitted to carry firearms while on the job.

The mommies cannot point to any facts that would support more guns cause crime to increase, none.

I would submit that because of the many guns carried by state employees, while on the job, clearly diminish any employee from going postal. Hence, an armed society is a polite society.

DrakeZ07

I've made several comments about myself being the pink camo pants guy, and that I'm openly gay, and carry for my protection, and such, basically making it the point that they are wanting to disarm LGBT folks who need firearms to protect us from anti-gay abuse and bigotry, and so far, they've deleted every single comment I've made within an hour of posting them. I guess they can't handle the very idea that a gay liberal democrat would dare carry a gun and support other gun owners. What do they think I am, another stereotypical LGBT guy with a lisp and wears fifty bucks worth of face cream?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've made several comments about myself being the pink camo pants guy, and that I'm openly gay, and carry for my protection, and such, basically making it the point that they are wanting to disarm LGBT folks who need firearms to protect us from anti-gay abuse and bigotry, and so far, they've deleted every single comment I've made within an hour of posting them. I guess they can't handle the very idea that a gay liberal democrat would dare carry a gun and support other gun owners. What do they think I am, another stereotypical LGBT guy with a lisp and wears fifty bucks worth of face cream?
Please tell us you would not consider using a gun to protect yourself from "bigotry."

This site only condones the use of deadly force to stop an immediate/now threat of death or serious injury.

I recognize that your words may have been ill chosen, but think clarification is in order.

DrakeZ07

Please tell us you would not consider using a gun to protect yourself from "bigotry."

This site only condones the use of deadly force to stop an immediate/now threat of death or serious injury.

I recognize that your words may have been ill chosen, but think clarification is in order.

Grape, my wording is fine and doesn't need clarification, for the truth of the matter is, when I am at my most fabulous, and armed, I never get picked on by random people, or called abusive names, or such. Yet when I go unarmed, yet fabulous, I tend to hear passerbys saying very hurtful things under their breath, or some young punks driving by that yell things that could legally be considered fighting words. I consider that to be the types of bigotry, and abuse, that my firearms protect me from. And as can be noted, prior to an LGBT person being attacked, hurt, or injured by a bigot, there is often a slurry of anti-LGBT words, and phrases directed at them. I refuse to be a victim. That's all I've gotta say about that.

In other news, MDA has deleted my post, took them a while though.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape, my wording is fine and doesn't need clarification, for the truth of the matter is, when I am at my most fabulous, and armed, I never get picked on by random people, or called abusive names, or such. Yet when I go unarmed, yet fabulous, I tend to hear passerbys saying very hurtful things under their breath, or some young punks driving by that yell things that could legally be considered fighting words. I consider that to be the types of bigotry, and abuse, that my firearms protect me from. And as can be noted, prior to an LGBT person being attacked, hurt, or injured by a bigot, there is often a slurry of anti-LGBT words, and phrases directed at them. I refuse to be a victim. That's all I've gotta say about that.

In other news, MDA has deleted my post, took them a while though.
Old ditty - "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me." ymmv

My EDC carry is to protect me from previous mentioned serious harm not to frighten/control/prevent what others might say or think. I'm like a teflon duck to mere words in most cases - one exception being a vocalized threat to harm me w/all other elements being present.

OTOH - I do accept/believe that an OC'd handgun can defuse physical attacks before they occur.

Maybe next time the Mad Mommies can capture your hair do, giving you your moment in the sun :D or they may just insult you further. Consider the source.

poetdante

All of my stuff is gone too. It also appears they have removed the
ability to post any new replies to their page, or is that just for me. Damn, some of my stuff was really good. It should have been saved for posterity. Now, no one will have the benefit of my wit and sage advice. Such a lose, such a lose.:(:p

It's just for you and other folks speaking reason and truth. Posting is available to the public but if they don't like what you say they block you

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wait a minute. This is a conspiracy. I'm the only one who is not visible in this picture. You are all in cahoots. I never get any face time.
Maybe it is a camera/lens safety issue. My photogs mostly know to use a special protective filter - eliminates the halo effect too. :p