• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida open carry bill shoots through house committee

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Portilla is not hearing OC on the 2/9 meeting of the Judiciary Committee.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It's not even about OC at this point. He defeats his own logic, and wants to run his own little Banana Republic in Miami, where the violent crime is far worse than any form of "Wild West" one could present...

phil1979

Is it true that one Senator on the floor could have made a motion to call the bill out of committee for a vote, and if another had seconded that motion, it would have happened?

If so, why were there not two Senators with enough spine to stand up to Portilla and Gardiner?

And as far as House Speaker Crisafulli goes - didn't he have enough clout to demand the bill be heard, or else he would hold up some of the Senate's pet bills?

It would seem to me that perhaps some of our Republican "friends" in the Senate were glad that Open Carry didn't come up for a vote. Now they can still claim to support our Second Amendment Rights and lay all the blame on Portilla. Why doesn't there exist any video of some of them blasting Portilla on the Senate floor in a passioned speech to demand that the bill get an honest vote?

Governor Scott said he'd sign it 5 years ago. All he could muster this time was, "I haven't seen the bills".

77zach

You have to have 2/3 to bring it to the floor directly. We have 50% +1 probably.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Is it true that one Senator on the floor could have made a motion to call the bill out of committee for a vote, and if another had seconded that motion, it would have happened?

If so, why were there not two Senators with enough spine to stand up to Portilla and Gardiner?

And as far as House Speaker Crisafulli goes - didn't he have enough clout to demand the bill be heard, or else he would hold up some of the Senate's pet bills?

It would seem to me that perhaps some of our Republican "friends" in the Senate were glad that Open Carry didn't come up for a vote. Now they can still claim to support our Second Amendment Rights and lay all the blame on Portilla. Why doesn't there exist any video of some of them blasting Portilla on the Senate floor in a passioned speech to demand that the bill get an honest vote?

Governor Scott said he'd sign it 5 years ago. All he could muster this time was, "I haven't seen the bills".

All true and important points.

We have a lot of Blue RINO hunting to do.

If you live in de la Tortilla's district, vote for the Democrat. De la Tortilla is doing exactly what Democrats do. So why not have the real thing instead of a sneaky backstabber that talks trash about you while pretending to be your friend? Telling the same slanderous lies about gun owners. Same propaganda. It's not just about Open Carry. What he's said and done reflect his true opinion of everyone who owns a gun.

Last edited: