• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticutt SP caught fabricating charges against open carrying DUI protester

Fallschirjmäger

shocked.jpg~original

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
From the linked article:

The video begins with a trooper telling Picard that it is illegal to record the troopers. Picard tells the trooper that he is on public property and the trooper responds that he is on "state property."

Oh, my. Was that ever a telling response by the cop: its not public property its state property! The state owns it. Not you the public.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh! Here's an even better one from the article. Andrew Matthews is president of the state police union:

"We support what our troopers did," Matthews said. "We respect and understand that people have the right to be in a public place and take photographs or video tape our troopers."

There you have it folks. The state police union itself just admitted it condones violations of the Fourth Amendment. It condones violations of even the lax standards required for a detention under Terry v Ohio and subsequent cases.

One does wonder how long it will be before the union is dissolved, or at least its leadership kicked out, by the officer-members who totally recognize and support the constitutional restrictions imposed by the Fourth Amendment. We are told constantly and frequently that there are only a few bad apples in the policing industry. It then naturally follows that there are plenty of good officer-members in the union. It should take them no time at all to throw out the bums in the union leadership.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
From the linked article:

Oh, my. Was that ever a telling response by the cop: its not public property its state property! The state owns it. Not you the public.

Over the summer I went to a state police facility to obtain some records. They buzzed me in (I had a camera recording) and I asked for the records I desired. Hellstorm began at that point. They demanded ID (refused) - I asked for their ID (refused). I was arrested. They took my camera away but (like this guy) forgot to turn it off (LOL). Difference in circumstances between new one of the OP's post is that, in my case, they released me after about an hour. When they went to hand me back my camera they noticed it was on & turned it off and demanded I not turn it on again (which I promptly did in front of the state police Sgt. Alexander who decided he wanted to go home that day and did nothing).

I'm told all the time I'm on state/gov't property ... I just demand that they arrest me. They never do. Lets see: at UCONN, UCONN law library; state police HQ, numerous other state police facilities, our capitol bldg (yes I was trespassed just standing in the lobby of the legislative bldg LOL-lawsuit filed on that one), various other places at our capitol bldg, governor's office, secretary of state offices, dept. of admin services, many local town halls, polling places on election day (I have a declaratory ruling request over this ~ if none will be made, a lawsuit will ensue) etc. The list is almost endless.

I expect such things to continue ~ after all gov't employees think that they can do anything.

Anyone who wants to have some fun should tag along with me one day; I assure you it will not be boring.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Somehow I think that Fallschirmjäger is not that shocked .. maybe the guy is the pic is...;)

For the younger crowd.

That guy in the shocked photo a few posts up is Claude Rains playing police Capt. Louis Renault. In the movie Casablanca 1942. The irony lies in the fact that Renault shuts down Rick's American Café on orders from Nazi Major Strasser. When Rick demands to know why he's being shut down, Renault has to invent a reason and declares he's shocked to find illegal gambling going on. Two seconds later the croupier comes out of the back room, hands Renault money, and says "here's your winnings." Renault even thanks the croupier.

Oh, fiddle. Here it is:

[video=youtube;Cmbt4z_Rst8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmbt4z_Rst8[/video]

OC for ME

Over the summer I went to a state police facility to obtain some records. They buzzed me in (I had a camera recording) and I asked for the records I desired. Hellstorm began at that point. They demanded ID (refused) - I asked for their ID (refused). I was arrested. They took my camera away but (like this guy) forgot to turn it off (LOL). Difference in circumstances between new one of the OP's post is that, in my case, they released me after about an hour. When they went to hand me back my camera they noticed it was on & turned it off and demanded I not turn it on again (which I promptly did in front of the state police Sgt. Alexander who decided he wanted to go home that day and did nothing).

I'm told all the time I'm on state/gov't property ... I just demand that they arrest me. They never do. Lets see: at UCONN, UCONN law library; state police HQ, numerous other state police facilities, our capitol bldg (yes I was trespassed just standing in the lobby of the legislative bldg LOL-lawsuit filed on that one), various other places at our capitol bldg, governor's office, secretary of state offices, dept. of admin services, many local town halls, polling places on election day (I have a declaratory ruling request over this ~ if none will be made, a lawsuit will ensue) etc. The list is almost endless.

I expect such things to continue ~ after all gov't employees think that they can do anything.

Anyone who wants to have some fun should tag along with me one day; I assure you it will not be boring.
Post the recording.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Here is a posting of a cops out of control because of their police chief's dislike of open carry. Sometimes it's the government that records the citizen tong-lashing elected officials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uymrcJSnLx8
This is the young man harassed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRR6qLX1kII
Listen to the police chief. He is now gone, retired.

It's a shame that this harassment is still happening around the country.

I have some video of me and cop harassment, but I don't post them. I have a federal law suit against cops for false arrest. And yes there is video and no it will not be posted.

Everybody wants pictures. I have friends, that like davidmcbeth, who record their interactions with public servants, but they don't publish them.

I'm just say'n.....

Last edited: