Thread: Gangs shoot it out at Motorcycle Expo, Iron Order cops vs. Mongols outlaws. 1 dead.

Gangs shoot it out at Motorcycle Expo, Iron Order cops vs. Mongols outlaws. 1 dead.

The Latest: Attorney Says Corrections Officer Fired Gun
    Denver Police Department spokesman Raquel Lopez says she wasn't aware of any arrests following the Saturday afternoon incident at the Colorado Motorcycle Expo, held at the National Western Complex.

Police Chief Robert White said Saturday that the incident involved members of biker clubs but he declined to identify the clubs.

Police have released few details, including any names.

Attorneys for the Mongols and Iron Order motorcycle clubs each blamed the other for starting the fight.

The Colorado Motorcycle Expo was to continue Sunday, but the city ordered organizers to cancel the event.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/l...-club-36630074

Stephen Stubbs, an attorney for the Mongols Motorcycle Club, claims that the Iron Order likewise identifies itself as an outlaw motorcycle club, because it uses three patches to identify different ranks of members.

The incident recalled a shootout last May outside a restaurant in Waco, Texas, where nine bikers were killed, 18 injured, and scores arrested.

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...bv18-MkBGQnCjM 900 Articles ATM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-01-2016 at 07:20 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Gangs sure have changed:

Attorneys for the Mongols and Iron Order motorcycle clubs each blamed the other for starting the fight.

First, they have lawyers now. Second, now they want to say that they are peace-loving organizations.

perhaps these "gangs" are just two Jewish organizations who like to ride Vespas. More to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Gangs sure have changed:
    First, they have lawyers now.
    Got news for you, many MCs now have members who ARE lawyers, and doctors, and cops, etc. ;-)
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 02-01-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Got news for you, many MCs now have members who ARE lawyers, and doctors, and cops, etc.
    Perhaps the troll meant "Outlaw gangs sure have changed:" But I will be clear and remind all that we are known by the company that we keep.

used to be a fun show to attend...loved all the members carrying 4 or 6 cell mag lights for protection, since it was marked a GFZ...

loved the Gang LE walking right up to the biker(s) and snap the Polaroid in their faces as well as catch the tats on their arms and just walk away like it was the normal thing to do...actually quite amazing to watch.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 02-01-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Update: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...NEWS/160209979

"Attorneys for two biker groups, including one made up mostly of law enforcement,"

So far, the article only mentions one person reported to have fired any shots: "A Colorado Department of Corrections officer and member of the Iron Order Motorcycle Club opened fire during the melee."
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-01-2016 at 08:37 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Got news for you, many MCs now have members who ARE lawyers, and doctors, and cops, etc. ;-)
    I have been a biker for a long time and have seen this before. One group was an "MC" , motorcycle club. One group was an "LE" , motorcycle club. Oil and water.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-c...awing-concern/

CONCORD, N.H. - Police officers and outlaw biker gangs often stand on common ground. Both attract the young and adventurous who value order, discipline and brotherhood. And on weekends tens of thousands of cops routinely trade their cruisers and badges for choppers and club colors.

The bond doesn't mean a free pass for criminal motorcycle gangs, but even some within law enforcement worry that too many officers believe bikers are just misunderstood Robin Hoods. And empathy from officers who emulate or even aspire to the outlaw life can put police or the public at risk, gang experts warn.

"They're supposed to be putting them in jail, not schmoozing with them, not socializing with them," said Charlie Fuller, a retired special agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. "That's a no-brainer to me. You have a huge security issue for the whole department. Here's a cop that's hanging with them socially. What's he telling them? What are they asking him?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    ... "They're supposed to be putting them in jail, not schmoozing with them, not socializing with them," said Charlie Fuller, a retired special agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. "That's a no-brainer to me. You have a huge security issue for the whole department. Here's a cop that's hanging with them socially. What's he telling them? What are they asking him?
    Put who in jail, the cops who routinely trade their cruisers and badges for choppers and club colors?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

My guess is the LE club started the ruckus since no charges were filed. Prosecutors are reluctant to charge LE, and charging the outlaw MC and getting into court might prove embarrassing if they were just defending themselves.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Iron Order is not a LE mc like the BLUE Knights is.
    It does have many many LE retired LE, Vets , DEA etc in it.
    IO seldom starts anything
    But it is hated by 1% clubs across the board.
    One reason is that it asks no clubs permission to open chapters whereever it wants and will not shut them down when told to by an areas dominant club.

Iron Order plays dress-up and acts out, MC NCC

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    [ ... ] IO seldom starts anything. [ ... ]
    In 100% of the notable incidents the cop member fired the first shot. The distinction of one cop club from another is a distinction without a difference. One rotten apple tolerated rots the barrel.

The Iron Order club insists it is a law-abiding, charitable brotherhood of family men who just like to ride. But experts say its members are increasingly becoming entangled in violence with other biker groups, blurring the line between professionals who are sworn to uphold the law and a biker culture with a long history of criminal activity.

"It's almost like they are playing dress-up on the weekend and acting out what their perception of an outlaw gang is," said David Devereaux, a spokesman for the National Council of Clubs, which represents hundreds of motorcycle groups. "They create aggressive situations with other motorcycle clubs in opposition to the culture."
    https://news.yahoo.com/fast-growing-...184528029.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-07-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    In 100% of the notable incidents the cop member fired the first shot.

https://news.yahoo.com/fast-growing-...184528029.html

As we well know that one doesn't have wait to be shot or knifed or hit with any weapon to be justifiable in defending ones self.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Sniff, sniff ...

If you like pretending to be a bad guy, and you hang out with bad guys, and you act like a bad guy, you shouldn't complain when people treat you like a bad guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    As we well know that one doesn't have wait to be shot or knifed or hit with any weapon to be justifiable in defending ones self.
    They do if it is not a justified use of force.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump