Thread: Queensland Pro-Gun Group Pushes for CC

Queensland Pro-Gun Group Pushes for CC

Chances of it happening are very, very slim, but it's interesting to see how attitudes are changing.

LICENSED gun owners should be allowed to wear concealed weapons in the street to protect themselves against criminals and terrorists, according a Gold Coast-based gun lobby group.

Firearms Owners United has been urging supporters to back a Change.org petition which calls for Australians with gun licences to be allowed to have “concealed carry for self defence”.

Debate about relaxing tough gun laws has surfaced after the Gold Coast Bulletin in a weekend report revealed there were almost 64,000 registered firearms in the city.
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...story-comments
    Last edited by DW98; 02-02-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Is this up to the local government to approve? I would do anything Britney Spaulding asked me to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

The irony of the world labeling us gun crazy lunatics.
    I guess the Swiss, French, and now Australia are joining the gun loving lunatics club.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Germans are trying to also, despite their sell-out politicians and news media.

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Good Luck
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Is this up to the local government to approve? I would do anything Britney Spaulding asked me to do.

I'm pretty sure it would have to go through at a national level. Gun laws differ slightly between states and territories, but for the most part they are the same. Queensland is one of the most restrictive, though they have seen large jumps in legal ownership recently.