Thread: Patriot Armor President M. Ramos, 'US Patriot Army' arrested with pipe bombs

Patriot Armor President M. Ramos, 'US Patriot Army' arrested with pipe bombs

When asked why he had the bombs, Mr. Ramos told Mr. O’Neill, “If [expletive] hits the fan, you never know if you might need it,” according to an affidavit filed by the ATF. Mr. Ramos told detectives that he was unhappy with the government and was a member of the “United States Patriot Army” based out of St. Petersburg, Florida.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...hrapnel-fille/

O'Neill has a prior felony conviction for transfer of destructive devices, specifically pipe bombs, in 2002. Law enforcement noted in the affidavit he completed his sentence and did not receive funds or consideration for a reduction in sentence for the information he provided regarding Ramos.

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...bx4OlgQzhKfhnM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-03-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Originally it was reported that he was being charged with possession of explosives (assuming destructive devices) and now this article says: "illegal transfer of a firearm and making a firearm." Whatever that means. The article did say he told cops he recently sold a Mossberg shotgun with a shot barrel that he purchased from Walmart sometime in the past. It said short barrel, but no indication if it was 'short', like 18 inches, or he cut it down and made an unlawful SBS.

From the article:
    The ATF affidavit recommended Ramos face charges related to the illegal transfer of a firearm and making a firearm. Law enforcement did not say Monday evening if Ramos had been officially charged.

The whole story is setting off my BS detector. They guy is apparently in business with another guy, who along with his son went to his house to "Kick him out of the company." But discovered the pipe bombs. An argument ensued and the partner or son (the guy that turned him in, ) said he got scared cause there was an AK-47 nearby. So apparently the following day they turned him into the cops.

BTW, the partner was convicted back in 2002 for.....wait for it.....making pipe bombs!
    Last edited by notalawyer; 02-03-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    SNIP

The whole story is setting off my BS detector. They guy is apparently in business with another guy, who along with his son went to his house to "Kick him out of the company." But discovered the pipe bombs. An argument ensued and the partner or son (the guy that turned him in, ) said he got scared cause there was an AK-47 nearby. So apparently the following day they turned him into the cops.
    Three letters in the OP set off my BS detector: ATF.

Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (JPFO) did a documentary expose on the ATF some years ago. Clips are on YouTube.

In the DVD from which the clips are made, a then-department head in the ATF is videotaped telling a gathering of agency staff that committing perjury is policy at ATF. "Hahaha! I don't believe you, Citizen," you might say. Some here will remember this (feel free to chime in if you do.) The then-department head at ATF explained how the national machine gun registry is full of errors, but that when testifying in court, they would always (maybe still do) testify that the registry was 100% accurate.

And, that was just one little slice from the documentary JPFO put together.

I believe nuthin' the FBI says. And, I believe nuthin' the ATF says.

Unless they're threatening somebody. Then I believe them 100% every time.

ETA: I looked up the clip on YouTube. Here it is. I've corrected memory errors in my post about who was perjuring to whom.

Last edited by Citizen; 02-03-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.