• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MI: New legislation would allow concealed carry without a permit

Firearms Iinstuctor

I don't think permit less carry has ever passed on the first try in any state it normally takes several tries.

One needs to start some where, it also gives a good opportunity to flush out those that maybe friendly and those that say are but really are not.

We have seen it before from other gun organizations we are afraid we are going to loose so we well not even try.

It is better to attack then play defense.

OC4me

I don't think permit less carry has ever passed on the first try in any state it normally takes several tries.

One needs to start some where, it also gives a good opportunity to flush out those that maybe friendly and those that say are but really are not.

Absolutely! So far better than half of the states either have permitless carry or have had permitless carry introduced into their respective legislatures. Michigan will have constitutional carry within several years, to be sure. West Virginia just got it and several other states may have it before this year is out. The ball is rolling and with each additional state momentum is gained.

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
I believe that has been the common thinking in Maine and WV also and several other states where it was tired failed then finely passed.

If one doesn't try one never succeeds.

+1

"If you don't ask for what you want, you'll never get what you might have got." -- Taught to me at a "Confrontational Politics" seminar based on the book by that name.

taxman

Banned
Michigan will have constitutional carry within several years, to be sure. West Virginia just got it and several other states may have it before this year is out.

We can't always have Bloombergites for governors.
After 16 years of GranholmSnyder we're due for a change in 2018.

taxman

Banned
Snyder has already won his lifetime allotment of two terms as governor.

The question is whether the Flint water mess can be sufficiently blamed on the next Republican candidate to insure a Dem replacement, or whether Bloomberg has to buy another RINO governor like Snyder to veto the pro-gun bills.

I'd really like to see a governor who cares more for our rights than he does for Bloomie's Billions, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

In what was a surprise to pretty much nobody, former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg endorsed Republican Rick Snyder this past week. He’s also spending $2 million on pro-Snyder ads.
But another odd thing happened: The National Rifle Association (NRA) also endorsed Snyder.

Snyder's upcoming D.C. dinner with Bloomberg is significant, according to columnist and GOP strategist Dennis Lennox.
"Bloomberg is a billionaire, and in order to run for president, you need a billionaire's money," he said.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Things have gotten so bad that I'd like a law that requires governments to repeal ten laws for each one they pass.

For most laws that the gov't think I am required to follow ... I was not alive during their passage, so there ya go, food for thought.