Thread: UK wants authority to serve warrants [for UK citizens] in U.S.

Exclamation UK wants authority to serve warrants [for UK citizens] in U.S.

WASHINGTON - British and U.S. officials have been negotiating a plan that could allow British authorities to directly serve wiretap orders on U.S. communications companies in criminal and national security inquiries, U.S. officials confirmed Thursday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...s-us/79851282/
    SCOTUS has ruled that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, ..." does not apply only to US citizens.

This is very dangerous ground that the federal government is treading on. Given the NSA/LE violations of our 4A protections on almost a daily basis all across this country, contact your elected representatives to voice your opposition to this agreement.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Eschew "U. S. communications companies."

Encrypt what must be communicated over US backbone. Be aware of which providers protect privacy. The Onion Router.net may have some vulnerabilities, but finding them and exploiting these vulnerabilities are so expensive as to obviate capricious intrusion.

Protonmail.ch is end-to-end encrypted and free. Read Electronic Frontiers Foundation - EFF.org - and Electronic Privacy Information Center - EPIC.org.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-05-2016 at 01:02 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

To be clear, they are ALREADY doing it. They are seeking the ability to admit it in open court. No big deal...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    To be clear, they are ALREADY doing it. They are seeking the ability to admit it in open court. No big deal...
    True. I have a buddy that works at the "No Such Agency" building here in San Antonio. Although he can't say much of anything, he does say if we knew, it would make the hairs on the back of our necks stand on end.