• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

75 percent of Texas police chiefs responding to survey oppose open carry

Law abider

But “We have concerns,” James McLaughlin, executive director of the police chiefs association, said to the Dallas Morning News. “And hopefully some of those concerns can be addressed.” One example:with those who openly carry long guns. Is that it? I would agree that the long gunners need to stop proving their point. Carry a hand gun folks. Your law, which is really not needed because 2A is the open carry permit, is too new so don't ruin it for others by forcing the legislature to add an addendum to it.
Seems like the naysayer chiefs are from big cities.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews....hat-nearly-75-percent-oppose-open-carry.html/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/0...pite-doomsayers-predictions.html?intcmp=hpbt4

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
31 states without a license to open carry and no issues. 13 states requiring a license and no issues. But, Texas police chiefs believes the sky is falling. Stupid is, as stupid does.....

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
First of all I gotta ask, how many times has that survey been faxed and re-faxed? Jesus, it looks like it's from the 90's or something.

Honestly though, who cares about this year old survey? We already knew all this. What I want to see is a survey showing how many incidents or 911 calls there have been from people open carrying the past almost month and a half. I think those numbers would be pretty powerful.

solus

A year old article, or did I accidentally fall into the time portal again?

Just kidding - but seriously.

nawlllll stealthy, tis olde news someone dredged up...

now w/o pushing extraneous buttons or twisting knobs put the TARDIS back where you found it

oh wait you be from the lonestar state so drive the Delorean carefully...

MTMzOTAwMDUxODE3NzU0NTk0.jpg

ipse

fozzy71

First of all I gotta ask, how many times has that survey been faxed and re-faxed? Jesus, it looks like it's from the 90's or something.

Honestly though, who cares about this year old survey? We already knew all this. What I want to see is a survey showing how many incidents or 911 calls there have been from people open carrying the past almost month and a half. I think those numbers would be pretty powerful.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...port-No-911-Calls-on-Open-Carry-since-Jan-1st

HPmatt

Our Highland Park Chief (at town hall courtroom side) at mtg the other day said they have had zero 911 calls about OC ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
22% of people asked in the street also support carry restrictions
45% of people asking in schools also support carry restrictions
90% of people in special hospital wards for gunshot patients also support carry restrictions

and 0% of the people who support carry restrictions can change our rights.