• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2016:SB626 I don't know what planet I'm on any more!

user

Accomplished Advocate
Just goes to show how strong the whacked-out victim-mode feminist lobby is. Protective orders are almost all granted to women against men, the men are deprived of their ability to defend themselves, and now the women can carry concealed. They're going to get SOME man back for what some man did to traumatize them as children. No question that child abuse and spousal abuse are bad, and what people do in that regard is evil. But what's going on here is that a significant minority of the population is psychologically damaged, very highly focussed, politically active, determined, and persistent. They can't let go, they can't do love and forgiveness, so they live in a hell of their own making, a sort of recursive hate machine. "People who are abused as children grow up to be abusers." is a truism among the social workers, and it makes perfect sense. Those people have internalized a worldview that depersonalizes their victims. I know where this is heading, y'all - more work for lawyers.

TFred

Just goes to show how strong the whacked-out victim-mode feminist lobby is. Protective orders are almost all granted to women against men, the men are deprived of their ability to defend themselves, and now the women can carry concealed. They're going to get SOME man back for what some man did to traumatize them as children. No question that child abuse and spousal abuse are bad, and what people do in that regard is evil. But what's going on here is that a significant minority of the population is psychologically damaged, very highly focussed, politically active, determined, and persistent. They can't let go, they can't do love and forgiveness, so they live in a hell of their own making, a sort of recursive hate machine. "People who are abused as children grow up to be abusers." is a truism among the social workers, and it makes perfect sense. Those people have internalized a worldview that depersonalizes their victims. I know where this is heading, y'all - more work for lawyers.
Thank you. This makes more sense than anything I could come up with.

The bold part of your reply makes me wonder how our good old friend Joe Morrisey would have voted on this one, if he were still a Delegate! :eek:

TFred

Kevin108

It's because Democrats always court the female vote. Females are usually the party seeking a protective order, and anything empowering females is something the Democrats are like to be for.

user

Accomplished Advocate
It's because Democrats always court the female vote. Females are usually the party seeking a protective order, and anything [which can be made to appear to be] empowering females is something the Democrats are like to be for.

friendly amendment to the text - demogoguery works by helping the self-absorbed believe that the world will be as they wish it to be. And the big problem with people in victim-mode is their extreme self-absorption and self-importance.