Thread: Don't think 2A is necessary? Think again

Don't think 2A is necessary? Think again

A bunch of teens decided to beat up cop who was being outnumbered and the situation would have gotten worst till a resident emerged with his gun. Guess what happened? The playing field was more than leveled. Second amendment haters take notice

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/p...s&id=368266751
    Last edited by Law abider; 02-11-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood praised the efforts of licensed gun owner who came to the aid of a police officer who was surrounded by 40 or so kids on Friday.
    Open Carry is legal except a valid permit/license is needed to carry a loaded handgun openly in the city of Philadelphia.

So the cops were lucky that a licensed gun owner was near by. It would have been a shame if many neighbors had guns at home, but no license to carry in Philly.

Gee officer I would have come to your defense, but if I had I would have been charged with openly carrying a firearm without a license. It's a shame you got the you know what kicked out of you, but tell it your city counsel.
    Last edited by color of law; 02-11-2016 at 06:16 PM.

The real BS of the situation is that cops these days are so strung up by rules and regs and lying civilian idiots that the good ones can't even really protect themselves without fear of getting blasted with "excessive force" complaints. This situation certainly called for repeated application of an Asp or Monadnock PR-24.

A great example of why average people need to be able to carry. Good find, Law. I'm guessing cookies and such every Christmas for the good guy from the cops' family.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    The real BS of the situation is that cops these days are so strung up by rules and regs and lying civilian idiots that the good ones can't even really protect themselves without fear of getting blasted with "excessive force" complaints. This situation certainly called for repeated application of an Asp or Monadnock PR-24.

A great example of why average people need to be able to carry. Good find, Law. I'm guessing cookies and such every Christmas for the good guy from the cops' family.
    +1