• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handgun sale question

user

Accomplished Advocate
So master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?

"Thou shalt love the Lord, thy God, with all thy heart, with all thy mind, and with all thy strength." And the second is like unto it, "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.
(Funny how I don't really like the KJV, but when I quote off the top of my head, that's what comes out.)

I would say that the original poster got his answer and there is nothing else to discuss.

true.

All have a nice day......

Thank you; you have a nice day, too.

user

Accomplished Advocate
As a civilian engineer I worked with/for an O-6 ship's Captain that was finishing his PhD in some management field that commanded and instructed using aphorisms, key-words and tricky phrases in his jargon. "A wise man knows the right answer when he hears it!"

I like that. Credentials add nothing to truth. And, like "the sign of Jonah": the Ninevites heard the truth even though it came from a macerated foreigner washed up on shore stinking of fish-guts; they recognized it for what it was; and they acted on it immediately, thus saving the city and them in it from destruction.