• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Panera Bread taking position against guns

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Actually there are 4 pages. In addition to these two, there is VCDL Eastern Shore and VCDL Southwestern VA.
VCDL Eastern Shore was approved by the President for us on the Shore to communicate with each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Link(s) please.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
As to Ed Levine's "official" Facebook page - it is not officially a product of VCDL. but an independent reporting page governed/controlled in part by VCDL president, PVC. Note that nothing has changed - the site is not a VCDL official Facebook page.

In response to the question "what oversight is offered?" PVC's response was, "He (Ed) is the main person who takes care of the page, so people are going to see his name quite a bit and could get confused. I (PVC) try to keep an eye on the page and I am an administrator for the page, so I have control over it. Generally, I'll just contact Ed if something needs to be done."

Personally, I think the site must show the disclaimer at the top that it is not a part of VCDL, but solely an independent reporting site.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ha ha, be serious! That's like buying commercials on a radio station and then complaining that you have to own a radio to hear the commercials you just bought! :D

This is a "well, duh!" moment! :)

TFred
Nope not the same at all. I already have the radio, but find that someone else has bought commercial time in my name w/o my knowledge or blessing.

Sorry VCDL Eastern Shore was set up as a closed group. Mr Van Cleve is a member. On request I will add any BOD who wants.
Find a way to give me (& other BoD) access w/o using a personal email addy - for me that will never again be available on any Facebook page.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Nope not the same at all. I already have the radio, but find that someone else has bought commercial time in my name w/o my knowledge or blessing.

Find a way to give me (& other BoD) access w/o using a personal email addy - for me that will never again be available on any Facebook page.

I don't know anyway without a Facebook account. Can you create a ymail.com account than create a Facebook account under Grapeshot or similar. only used for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You know that you have to have a facebook account to see those pages.

A lot are switching to MeWe.com.
Just did a little research on MeWe.com and I like what I see....very much.
icon14.png

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Strange thing - In viewing VCDL's home page (http://vcdl.org/) on my desk top at home there is nothing between the CMP logo and Join VCDL Now.

No reference to Facebook, nada, zip, nothing.

Just logged on via my GF's computer and Bingo! There it is.

Presume I have a filter or setting that is stripping out the Facebook material. Will have to search for a solution when I get home - might be late Monday night.

In the meanwhile, I owe everybody an apology in stating that there was no reference to a Facebook site on VCDL as there obviously is. Mea culpa.

user

Accomplished Advocate
No problem for me, I don't eat there, anyway - everything is too full of glutamic acid (gluten is about 30% glutamic acid and all grain other than rice is chock full of it), the main cause of inflammation and autoimmune disorders. So the more the gun-crazies (those violent, dangerous people whose tunnel-vision focus is on guns, like M.Bloomberg, rather than personal defense against crime) eat there in peace, the better, in my opinion.

wrearick

Signs, signs, everywhere are signs. We and our guns and money aren't wanted there at Pain-era. Shun icky.

My local Panera does not have a sign posted. In fact I haven't heard of ANY that do (neither are starbucks) . If they were posted I would not visit them. As noted in a post recently on the OC in Hampton Roads, I recently open carried in my local Panera and met another open carrier new to Virginia. So not sure where your information on there being signs posted.

wrearick

Maybe I have a different interpretation of the word "policy." Might not be binding, but it's still a no guns policy, inviting scorn toward us for carrying.

But yes, this is old news. I've not been to a Panera in years because of this policy, and I eat out every day.

This "statement" came out in September of 2014. If you haven't been to a Panera "in years because of this policy" you were aware of it before the rest of us. How come you didn't share the news when you found out?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This "statement" came out in September of 2014. If you haven't been to a Panera "in years because of this policy" you were aware of it before the rest of us. How come you didn't share the news when you found out?

You do know that 1.3 is still plural, right?

wrearick

You do know that 1.3 is still plural, right?

sure but it's not a couple. You chose the words, stand by them or admit you spoke hastily or don't go to Panera because it is not to your liking. Did you go there before the request to stop bringing guns? Maybe the request was the reason you stopped going but it wasn't a "couple of years ago". Webster defines couple (in this usage) as a "small, indefinite number" but it normally refers to at least 2. I have never seen a couple of birds, a couple of coins, a married couple, that wasn't at least two.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
sure but it's not a couple. You chose the words, stand by them or admit you spoke hastily or don't go to Panera because it is not to your liking. Did you go there before the request to stop bringing guns? Maybe the request was the reason you stopped going but it wasn't a "couple of years ago". Webster defines couple (in this usage) as a "small, indefinite number" but it normally refers to at least 2. I have never seen a couple of birds, a couple of coins, a married couple, that wasn't at least two.

You made me read it three times, just to make sure I was quoted correctly, too. If I used the word "couple," I keep missing it. I simply used the plural "years" because I knew it was more than one, but you are right: I was typing in a hurry, and so used a word THAT DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THE POINT, or so I thought.

And yes, I'd eaten at Panera before the policy. Some of their stuff was pretty good.

I don't mind being corrected, because I like to be correct. But please correct me correctly.

Last edited: