• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat, 2/13

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Skid did a back swan dive this morning from his chair at AD. EM's were attending to him when I walked inside.

Was able to receive and secure his accoutrements, so there would be no issue with the hospital.

He is being admitted to Johnston Wllis Hospital , but is very lucid. Appears it may be related to potassium levels. Scouser and son, riverrat and I visited with him in the ER.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Skid did a back swan dive this morning from his chair at AD. EM's were attending to him when I walked inside.

Was able to receive and secure his accoutrements, so there would be no issue with the hospital.

He is being admitted to Johnston Wllis Hospital , but is very lucid. Appears it may be related to potassium levels. Scouser and son, riverrat and I visited with him in the ER.
give him my best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Skid is in room 419 at JWH. Problem appears to have been caused by low magnesium level. Haven't heard how long they are going to keep him.

Stop by and visit him today if you have a chance.

Brian D.

Sorry to read this. Only good thing was that he was with friends through at least some of the ordeal. And this is something I know about, being in the fire/EMS racket for 34 years: It is just that much worse to fall ill or be injured when you're all alone, or have only strangers around. Kudos for youse guys tagging along to the emergency department.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We are a merry band of brothers and sisters here in RVA (greater Richmond).

Absenting having a friend who can accept your personal tools, there is the likelihood they would be turned over to the local LEA. That would become problematic and likely result in some difficulty getting them back. I have heard war stories.

On a positive note - Skid may be released tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Last edited: