• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Request for Documentation: Rest Areas

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It is better to avoid a bad situation, avoid VA, than to try to work through a bad situation where the outcome is uncertain...in another state.

I wrote to the two Delegates who neglected to vote on the HB1096 "State Agency Pre-Emption" bill and encouraged them to vote in the override. I spelled out why this issue is so important for me and noted that even I as a Virginian will either be taking my vacation dollars to private places or going out of state to enjoy the state parks where I am welcome while carrying. If a Virginian chooses to do it, you can bet that outsider like you will too!

OC for ME

I wrote to the two Delegates who neglected to vote on the HB1096 "State Agency Pre-Emption" bill and encouraged them to vote in the override. I spelled out why this issue is so important for me and noted that even I as a Virginian will either be taking my vacation dollars to private places or going out of state to enjoy the state parks where I am welcome while carrying. If a Virginian chooses to do it, you can bet that outsider like you will too!
I like VA. Some of the most beautiful country in these United States...being a borderline yankee state that is. Some, or many, may disagree but the Eastern Shore is a very nice place to visit and not that difficult to leave the big city in the rear-view mirror. I'm partial to the ocean and virtually nobody around at the same time.

solus

I like VA. Some of the most beautiful country in these United States...being a borderline yankee state that is. Some, or many, may disagree but the Eastern Shore is a very nice place to visit and not that difficult to leave the big city in the rear-view mirror. I'm partial to the ocean and virtually nobody around at the same time.

come visit the nc shore...atlantic beach to be specific...sure hatteras has the press but atlantic beach is fun...

ipse

OC for ME

Been there many years ago, nice place. One of my kinfolk have a house up at Ocean Isle and there is no need for me to travel much past there.

solus

Been there many years ago, nice place. One of my kinfolk have a house up at Ocean Isle and there is no need for me to travel much past there.

well, next time ya'll are in the area, hollar and sit a spell...would be good to share a friendly smile...

ipse

OC for ME

well, next time ya'll are in the area, hollar and sit a spell...would be good to share a friendly smile...

ipse
Will do.

I wonder if this is a big city thing in VA, or a true statewide effort by LE to "enforce" the EO based on their general disdain for individual liberty.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Next time on Eastern Shore give a shout out. Maybe we can meet up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
I do get to VA Beach from time to time for business, yet, if this http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...rocity-Restoration-Deal&p=2182145#post2182145 is not resolved then my future interactions in VA will be out of extreme necessity only.

Thanks for the invite and I do hope to take you up on it...some day.
Please tell me you are not including Virginia Beach as the Eastern Shore! The Eastern Shore of Virginia consists of Accomack and Northampton Counties.
Next time on Eastern Shore give a shout out. Maybe we can meet up.

OC for ME

Please tell me you are not including Virginia Beach as the Eastern Shore! The Eastern Shore of Virginia consists of Accomack and Northampton Counties.

The Eastern Shore is not VA Beach. I stated that "I do get to VA Beach from time to time for business,..." I also stated "...but the Eastern Shore is a very nice place to visit and not that difficult to leave the big city in the rear-view mirror." I could be wrong but is it not true that taking the bridge north to the Eastern Shore necessarily places VA Beach in your rear view mirror?

Anyway...

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
The Eastern Shore is not VA Beach. I stated that "I do get to VA Beach from time to time for business,..." I also stated "...but the Eastern Shore is a very nice place to visit and not that difficult to leave the big city in the rear-view mirror." I could be wrong but is it not true that taking the bridge north to the Eastern Shore necessarily places VA Beach in your rear view mirror?

Anyway...
Okay sorry I missed something when reading the posts.

The Wolfhound

Do I mis-remember?

McAwfull proposed restricting access to "OFFICES" under his purview? Might that in his mind not (yet) include rest areas and open park spaces? Trust me, I in no way endorse this or Terry. The GA is the only relief to this and his other tyrannies.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
McAwfull proposed restricting access to "OFFICES" under his purview? Might that in his mind not (yet) include rest areas and open park spaces? Trust me, I in no way endorse this or Terry. The GA is the only relief to this and his other tyrannies.

the proposed emergency regulation http://www.townhall.virginia.gov/L/ViewXML.cfm?textid=10172 has what I would call exceedingly broad definitions of what an "office" is, there may be wiggle room to argue public access to the building itself, as opposed to access to the workspace. Courts may be encouraged to compare the overly-broad definition in 1 vac 30-105 and those found in the federal no-guns regs.

I'm open to anybody telling me just how much the GA can restrict the actions of the governor. I know there are some laws on the books that do that in very limited areas. I just don't see how they can pull it off.

stay safe.