• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL membership meeting in Newport News on February 17

Kevin108

VCDL VA-Alert said:
VCDL membership meeting in Newport News on February 17

Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 17 from 7:30 to 9:30, for a VCDL membership meeting in Newport News!

Location: Newport News Police Community Education And Outreach Center, 10188 Warwick Blvd. Newport News, VA 23601

Topic: We will be discussing the “deal” on reciprocity, the status of the other current legislation, including undoing the Governor’s state-agency gun ban, a look at some self-defense scenarios from a legal perspective, and taking Q&A from attendees.

The location is just South of Historic Hilton Village. We'll use the meeting room to the left of the museum. Parking is limited, but for a couple more months, we can park next door at the Hilton Tavern, in front and in back, thanks to member Ken Taylor’s father-in-law, who owns that property! Additional parking is available at the public tennis courts, a block north, on Hopkins/Municipal Lane, near the railroad tracks.

As with all VCDL membership meetings, this one is open to the public, so bring along friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers!

I plan on attending. Anyone else interested? Any suggestions for a location for an OC dinner either before or after?

I am not familiar with creating Facebook events, but try https://www.facebook.com/events/1497692050539580/

Last edited: