Thread: OH res looking for advice

OH res looking for advice

Hi guys, I'm flying into Atlanta Tuesday and my mom and I may be spending some time in Georgia after she picks me up. I'm doing my due diligence on laws and hoping you can help me sort out all the laws. Can I open carry on my Ohio permit? How is the culture around Atlanta regarding open carry? Are there protections in place to prevent one from being charged with brandishing or inciting panic or disturbing the peace etc? Do no gun signs have force of law? Am I required to provide ID when questioned by police? Am I required to notify officer when stopped (if concealing and such)I'm looking at statutes but trying to make sure I'm getting the most current information..thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by caleb4387 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm flying into Atlanta Tuesday and my mom and I may be spending some time in Georgia after she picks me up. I'm doing my due diligence on laws and hoping you can help me sort out all the laws. Can I open carry on my Ohio permit? How is the culture around Atlanta regarding open carry? Are there protections in place to prevent one from being charged with brandishing or inciting panic or disturbing the peace etc? Do no gun signs have force of law? Am I required to provide ID when questioned by police? Am I required to notify officer when stopped (if concealing and such)I'm looking at statutes but trying to make sure I'm getting the most current information..thanks guys!!
    you can open carry or conciel carry. depends on time of the day if some one cares i oc all time no problemsno brandishing law here in ga.
    signs here in ga no weight to them but why give support to such places.
    if stopped no need to inform but dont lie

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/...05213bf2837925
    ar15 sbr glock 19 beretta m9
    Proud Lifetime georgia carry member
    nam vet

Hotlanta is a big town with surrounding hamlets, where will you be staying mostly?

http://www.atlantapd.org/findmyzone.aspx
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

late responding but the only place I was open in georgiawas the loves truck stop south of Atlanta got out same time a city cop did. no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb4387 View Post
    late responding but the only place I was open in georgiawas the loves truck stop south of Atlanta got out same time a city cop did. no issue.
    i oc every where not a problem
    ar15 sbr glock 19 beretta m9
    Proud Lifetime georgia carry member
    nam vet

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5019 View Post
    i oc every where (sic) not a problem
    Have you never OCd where it was a problem?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I OCed or sloppy concealed in S. Ga for 6 years. Only issue was once a deputy told me (before I researched it deep enough to know better) that I could not carry in a quickie mart type place. He said that was a public gathering and was prohibited. I later learned that law had changed 3 years prior. Change permitted carry near everywhere.

I emailed his office with complaint and advisement of law in effect and presume he was updated. Never received reply. Had no comment from him after that even though I saw him at same store numerous times. Always made sure it was uncovered when that happened.

Nemo