• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have a question

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
$20 seems a little stiff, but with the unobtanium prices of the good stuff are high where they have it. I have been trying to pick up a couple boxes of hyper velocity for over a year with no luck. But since my 22 is a revolver, and I do not carry it for SD I can live with my decades old stash of rimfire.

In any case if indeed it is quality ammo her life is worth 20 bucks.

LOL!!! I'm gonna steal that word!

Heather Lee

Most 22 comes in a hundred pack, unless he sold them loose to her I would guess she meant 100.
5644caf6fbe57c2a2d35e9bc76a63a5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Heather Lee

Mia Culpa, that indeed is a box of 50. I believe most reviews list it as high quality.
Good cause that's what the guy told me. He said if I use this ammo that I'll have to clean my gun less than if I were to use the lower quality

HPmatt

For the 22 you ought to buy a box of 500 Federal - it used t/b $25 a few years ago. Cleaning your gun is not a big deal - drop in on your dad and he'll show you and set you up w stuff you need to clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather Lee

For the 22 you ought to buy a box of 500 Federal - it used t/b $25 a few years ago. Cleaning your gun is not a big deal - drop in on your dad and he'll show you and set you up w stuff you need to clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm gonna get a cleaning kit for myself and I'm sure he'll show me.

qednick

I'm gonna get a cleaning kit for myself and I'm sure he'll show me.

Between your dad and everyone here you'll become an expert pretty quickly. Once you get the cleaning kit, buy some of the bulk ammo just for target practice and to get used to the weapon. Save the expensive stuff for when you're carrying. You need a reliable weapon and ammo if your life may depend on it at some time.

Also the advice you got earlier about signing up for an approved course can't be stressed enough. Not only do you need a reliable weapon and ammo, but you also need 100% confidence and awareness while carrying.

AnselHazen

Heather, maybe something that could help is perhaps do a little searching for ammo online. Sportsmans Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt, Palmetto State Armory, AIM Surplus, are just a few places. I actually have decent luck finding what you would want at many of the Dicks Sporting Goods in Bangor, Augusta, Thomaston etc.

You're gonna need more than that box of 50 you know. It can't hurt to become familiar with what things are selling for these days.