• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Car Show

hotrod

I assume that you are speaking of the car show in Cincinnati. Last year there were no gun signs on the doors, but I can't answer about this year.

Brian D.

Car show in Cincinnati this weekend is at the Duke Energy Convention Center. Place is owned by the city of Cincinnati. Color of law, I yield the remainder of my two minutes to you. Please proceed.

Brian D.

Well I didn't intend to leave the OP in suspense, sorry. But since he didn't specify which car show he meant, maybe no harm was done anyhow.

If he was talking about the event at (Duke Energy) Cincinnati Convention Center, here's an answer: It is owned by the city, or at least they consider it a government building. That would definitely put it off limits to licensed concealed carry. Open carry in such places, with exceptions of courts and detention facilities, theoretically is legal, but nobody wants to be the test case, it would seem.

Additionally, since the Convention Center has Ohio Class D premises-consumption liquor licenses, it would be unlawful for carry of any kind to individuals without an Ohio-accepted concealed handgun license, any time alcohol was being served. Which, as you'd expect, is pretty much during all functions held there. (Okay, maybe they don't serve drinks when a national Baptist church convention group rents the place, for example.)

Sorry about the windy explanation but our laws aren't as simple as people like us wish they were. Color of law explains these things better than I do, by the way.

ps1mhd

I was there for the boat show and had no trouble w/ a full size 1911.

I say go for it.

Mike D