Thread: NRA gold mine shaft for CC instructors

NRA gold mine shaft for CC instructors

NRA has gone to online classes for basic courses, charging sixty bucks. The shooting part of the class will still be instructed, but I would imagine that they will get less money. This is what happens when someone sucks up to the P4P industry.

https://onlinetraining.nra.org/

Registration & Payment

The price of this non-refundable course is $60.00 and payment is accepted via credit card. After the credit transaction is approved you will be automatically registered in this course and you can begin taking the course immediately.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-22-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

possibly another way to look at this on line course is to provide a standardization of knowledge for the repeatable portions of the basic shooting course.

the poor citizen is still going to have to find an NRA instructor to complete the actually shooting portion and not sure how the student will facilitate finding one.

further, as you know WW, in this state this would never be the standard as the nice LEs teaching would complain too much.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

IIRC the NC does not use NRA courses for meeting CC requirements, so NC instructors are safe. It shouldn't take long for states that use NRA courses to institute their own online courses though. This could backfire on the NRA.

What I do see is some of the die hard CC instructors seeing this as a betrayal. Though I have little sympathy for them if they do.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Non-refundable...pfft...

As P.T. Barnum famously said....

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pt+barnum
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare