Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: among the most restrictive in the USA?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162

    among the most restrictive in the USA?

    I was reading an article at foxnews and this article had a graphic from website against gun violence and supposedly, Washington state is already one of the very most restrictive states in terms of its gun laws. It appears that New York, California and Washington may be the 3 or among the five most restrictive . ..

    What is so much different here, compared with the other states, other than the ban on private sales of firearms without a background check?

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/19...l?intcmp=hpbt4

    I see; it may be an optical illusion of the color . . . there are about 5 states around New York that have high restrictions and a higher restriction than Washington does . ..
    Last edited by zaitz; 02-23-2016 at 11:08 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitz View Post
    I was reading an article at foxnews and this article had a graphic from website against gun violence and supposedly, Washington state is already one of the very most restrictive states in terms of its gun laws. It appears that New York, California and Washington may be the 3 or among the five most restrictive . ..

    What is so much different here, compared with the other states, other than the ban on private sales of firearms without a background check?

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/19...l?intcmp=hpbt4

    I see; it may be an optical illusion of the color . . . there are about 5 states around New York that have high restrictions and a higher restriction than Washington does . ..

    do you even read or analyze or critically think about who or what entity is putting out the bovine crap you are regurgitating & disseminating? The fox news article's chart is promoting an anti gun site, Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and WA is 11th on the listing with a 'B-' because:

    quote:
    In 2013, Washington had the 11th lowest number of gun deaths per capita among the states. Washington had the 17th lowest rate of crime gun exports among the states in 2009–meaning that crime guns originally sold in Washington were recovered after being used in crimes in other states at the 17th lowest rate among the states. unquote


    verses NC:
    quote:
    In 2013, North Carolina had the 21st highest number of gun deaths per capita among the states. North Carolina had the 20th highest rate of crime gun exports among the states in 2009–meaning that crime guns originally sold in North Carolina were recovered after being used in crimes in other states at the 20th highest rate among the states. Based on data published by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, in every year from 2006 through 2009, North Carolina was one of the top ten interstate suppliers of crime guns. North Carolina is the top interstate supplier of crime guns to Virginia and South Carolina.

    the article is strictly an anti gun promotion filled with unverified stats to continue and feed the anti rhetoric crowd...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    do you even read or analyze or critically think about who or what entity is putting out the bovine crap you are regurgitating & disseminating? The fox news article's chart is promoting an anti gun site, Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and WA is 11th on the listing with a 'B-' because:

    ipse
    I am aware of the fact that the people who produced the map, image or graphic are the law center to prevent gun violence. I read the news every day from a variety of sources and one of the news sites I read is foxnews. Foxnews also contains pro-carry news articles . . . as you might be aware, if, by chance, at times, you read the news.

    I was not saying that gun liberty restrictions were good or bad . . . I was simply observing that Washington state has a much darker color on the map than do many of the other states. I assume that the "LCPGV" is able, more or less, to color the states per their criteria.

    Referring to map produced by LCPGV for the sake of discussion is not the same thing as regurgitating and disseminating pro-carry or anti-carry information.
    If the LCPGV map is in substantial error, then we can all hear about it . . . and I am not claiming, in my opening post in this thread, that any states should be lighter or darker or should have more or less carrying liberty.

    I do think it is poor that a person can't open carry in California, if I understand things correctly . . . but that is a different question from whether or not the map tells us something interesting or dull or true or false.

    z

  4. #4
    Regular Member Alpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mercer Island
    Posts
    661
    This reminds me of an NRA list that was published a few years back. WA was rated lower than TX for "right to carry" even though TX had BANNED open carry at the time and had a longer list of restricted places for CC than WA!

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    This reminds me of an NRA list that was published a few years back. WA was rated lower than TX for "right to carry" even though TX had BANNED open carry at the time and had a longer list of restricted places for CC than WA!
    Texas earned the extra credit points for bragging about how "free" they were, regardless of how true it is.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  6. #6
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Texas earned the extra credit points for bragging about how "free" they were, regardless of how true it is.
    I ranked Texas as anti-gun. The only pro-gun law that I had ever found was the law saying that those who are driving can cc without a license.

    Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    do you even read or analyze or critically think about who or what entity is putting out the bovine crap you are regurgitating & disseminating? ...<snip>...
    ~ Do you even realize how insulting fellow forum members looks to outside readers that visit this site, or how it can have a negative impact on our ability to attract new members, or how it creates an atmosphere that makes older member less likely to continue to contributing to the promotion of this site and it's cause?

    -Are you really helping the cause move forward? -or-???
    good job bro.


    (You don't have to agree, but civilized people with etiquette rebuke with a discussable counter argument to sort out facts and create solutions... not tear down fellow members who promote our cause in their own way. I've had more than a couple former members mention that this is why they don't visit OCDO much anymore... because of negativity before constructive rebuke...... fix it, or your being exactly what the anti's think we are..... they are incorrect ... aren't they?... or are they??).
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410
    I have had solus on my ignore list for a long time. The only time I ever see anything that he has written is when someone quotes him. You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to read his drivel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solus.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13010
    Last edited by Ajetpilot; 03-02-2016 at 12:24 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    ~ Do you even realize how insulting fellow forum members looks to outside readers that visit this site, or how it can have a negative impact on our ability to attract new members, or how it creates an atmosphere that makes older member less likely to continue to contributing to the promotion of this site and it's cause?

    -Are you really helping the cause move forward? -or-???
    good job bro.


    (You don't have to agree, but civilized people with etiquette rebuke with a discussable counter argument to sort out facts and create solutions... not tear down fellow members who promote our cause in their own way. I've had more than a couple former members mention that this is why they don't visit OCDO much anymore... because of negativity before constructive rebuke...... fix it, or your being exactly what the anti's think we are..... they are incorrect ... aren't they?... or are they??).
    then you may accept the 23 thread posts started and presented from this member as well as their misinterpretation and misinformation at face value.

    i noticed with interest you chastise me, which leads me to believe you accept the member's opening post and conclusion as written. please continue to not challenge misinformation and let JQPublic accept this member's or others misinterpreted bovine information he is slinging as gospel for the 'cause'...

    and when the JQPublic starts quoting that misinformation for the cause cuz because it is on al gore's invention and we all know the information on the Ethernet is TRUTH!! see what happens as you try to unravel the quagmire and someone of stature from JQPublic asks...."if you knew the information was incorrect initially...why pray tell Bat, et al., didn't you attempt to correct it when it was first published originally??"

    go look at the other initial postings of this member...this is what you want put out there as gospel for your cause?

    enjoy...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-02-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    I have had solus on my ignore list for a long time. The only time I ever see anything that he has written is when someone quotes him. You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to read his drivel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solus.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13010
    i am so glad your head is buried in the sand...how much other topic commentary, wrong or right, do you miss as you decide on decision(s) or has your mind been made up and there is no alternative aspect to any decision you make.

    and i also notice you immediately jumped on how pleasant it was not to see my posts...which means you also unequivocally accept the poster's bovine drivel as viable...

    enjoy your liberating time

    oh wait, you can't see this...oh well, either can i...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    I have had solus on my ignore list for a long time. The only time I ever see anything that he has written is when someone quotes him. You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to read his drivel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solus.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13010

    +1

  12. #12
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    +1
    another who has failed to read the excellent commentary posted and instead hops to the chastising...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,147
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    another who has failed to read the excellent commentary posted and instead hops to the chastising...ipse
    The coin of his solus ipse realm.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Alpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mercer Island
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    I have had solus on my ignore list for a long time. The only time I ever see anything that he has written is when someone quotes him. You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to read his drivel.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solus.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13010
    +1 After his racist nonsense about whites not having any protections under the 14th Amendment in the WAGR initiative thread I also added him. It's been a major relief.

  15. #15
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The coin of his solus ipse realm.
    so speaks the bane of my existence, adam worth...(spoken with exaggerated comedic elocution).

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  16. #16
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    +1 After his racist nonsense about whites not having any protections under the 14th Amendment in the WAGR initiative thread I also added him. It's been a major relief.
    alpine, sorry i noticed there were, again, no cites of any type nor challenges to the cites i proffered to disprove my comment(s) about the history of the 14th ~ why is that?

    oh wait, darn i forget he can't see me, therefore history as reported apparently doesn't exist or is incorrect therefore, it is as it has always been...truth is strictly from your perspective and today's emotionally biased standards.

    and i bet you supported the removal of the confederate flag from modern history based solely on 9 murders by a mentally inflected individual in a SC church.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-02-2016 at 10:16 PM. Reason: removed what i perceived was inappropriate & chg enlish
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  17. #17
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    then you may accept the 23 thread posts started and presented from this member as well as their misinterpretation and misinformation at face value. <break>
    I accept that's HIS opinion/vantage point... and right or wrong, he presented it in a civilized manner... You sir did not, and apparently do not on a regular basis.
    - Fact is that civilized debate is healthy, and sorts out the fact from fiction more efficiently.
    - Those that interject discord and insults historically have a weak position, and even if the position is correct, their accuracy is lost behind their own self defeating discord.

    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i noticed with interest you chastise me, which leads me to believe you accept the member's opening post and conclusion as written. please continue to not challenge misinformation and let JQPublic accept this member's or others misinterpreted bovine information he is slinging as gospel for the 'cause'...
    ...<snip> ...
    Oh, trust me, I challenge way more than you might imagine, news commentary and forums alike. My position remains the same, rudeness and insults dilute the context of a valid argument, and shows that no matter how right or correct your facts may be, your social position is wrong by default due to the infused nastiness of the conveyor. "Nasty people with good points are still nasty and should be dealt with..." in other words, no matter how correct the pro-gun side is, they are nasty dangerous people and need to be contained... here is your proof (motions toward you).

    So, it's not about "accepting" any point... it's about disregarding a valid point due to highlighted nastiness taking the spotlight. Note that your the only one championing your position... when all others are disregarding your points, no matter how accurate, then it's time for some self analysis ... assuming your capable (ya, sadly some just aren't.)

    - edit to note: Zaitz was ASKING fellow forum members their opinion of the article, enticing fair discussion and debate, not posing it as hard fact, but requesting rebuke and counter argument in a constructive manner. This was lost to you, Solus, since you seem unable to digest things outside of your self absorbed ideologies & positions. Your always right to you.. and that's all that matters in your mind.. there is however the rest of the world, regardless if you acknowledge them or not, they do exist.

    - So, Fix yourself, or the pattern will continue.
    Last edited by Batousaii; 03-03-2016 at 01:19 PM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  18. #18
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    I accept that's HIS opinion/vantage point... and right or wrong, he presented it in a civilized manner... You sir did not, and apparently do not on a regular basis.
    - Fact is that civilized debate is healthy, and sorts out the fact from fiction more efficiently.
    - Those that interject discord and insults historically have a weak position, and even if the position is correct, their accuracy is lost behind their own self defeating discord.

    Oh, trust me, I challenge way more than you might imagine, news commentary and forums alike. My position remains the same, rudeness and insults dilute the context of a valid argument, and shows that no matter how right or correct your facts may be, your social position is wrong by default due to the infused nastiness of the conveyor. "Nasty people with good points are still nasty and should be dealt with..." in other words, no matter how correct the pro-gun side is, they are nasty dangerous people and need to be contained... here is your proof (motions toward you).

    So, it's not about "accepting" any point... it's about disregarding a valid point due to highlighted nastiness taking the spotlight. Note that your the only one championing your position... when all others are disregarding your points, no matter how accurate, then it's time for some self analysis ... assuming your capable (ya, sadly some just aren't.)

    - edit to note: Zaitz was ASKING fellow forum members their opinion of the article, enticing fair discussion and debate, not posing it as hard fact, but requesting rebuke and counter argument in a constructive manner. This was lost to you, Solus, since you seem unable to digest things outside of your self absorbed ideologies & positions. Your always right to you.. and that's all that matters in your mind.. there is however the rest of the world, regardless if you acknowledge them or not, they do exist.

    - So, Fix yourself, or the pattern will continue.

    again, i noticed w/o further embellishment per se, you again failed to comment on the OP's inadequate analysis of the anti material they cited; yet, can project your capability to know what the poster was asking...Z's quote: I see; it may be an optical illusion of the color . . . unquote, then gear up to expend further efforts to continue to chastise me...

    so thank you for your opinion ~ over how i expressed mine...

    trust me when i say this with the best intentions...your comments have been filed under "W"!

    now, in an unusual and uncharacteristic break of my normal & apparent continuing pattern: i hope the chastisement proffered brings you peace and tranquility...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-03-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  19. #19
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ..., you again failed to comment on the OP's inadequate analysis of the anti material they cited...
    - What I saw was the OP asking our opinion of the article in an effort to form or complete his own analysis, or straighten out the story so to speak.
    - Most national media (FOX, MSN etc.) are propagandists for their right/left leaning parties and it requires an amount of work to translate it into a semblance of a fact.
    - Taking either/any party or mantra at unquestioned face value is the sign of weak mind and malleable soul... these types don't ask others opinion past their masters call.
    - Discouraging the OP for his efforts to question the article, and build an analysis, or if asking for help when he feels a second opinion could offer insight, these discouragements are counter productive to is growth and learning. Especially that I don't see where he was promoting "their" agenda - simply asking our input and counter argument.


    -Final Thought: Directly commenting on the OP's "Inadequate analysis" is not necessary, he obviously knew his analysis was inadequate when he requested further analysis from fellow forum members. Seems to me he is doing his best to cut through the fog, asking for some help along the way... that's how people learn.


    P.S. - I don't want to use the word "analysis" in this topic anymore ...

    Solus, I don't think your a "Bad person" or anything... I simply feel your point will always be lost so long as you attack before trying to teach... A gourmet chili dog is still a chili dog after you dip in in the sewer, but no one is going to eat it because it's presentation is ruined, and it now smells like ____ .
    Last edited by Batousaii; 03-03-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  20. #20
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    - snip....
    as i previously indicated analysis and lack therein embellishment has now been belaboured beyond belief as has your running commentary chastising and vilify me over my presentation of my opinion.

    however, it would appear you have failed to heed your own advice and to learn from your conversations since your behaviour has failed to change as you keep the criticism coming.

    therefore, i shall reiterate my previous sentiment:

    so thank you for your opinion ~ over how i expressed mine...


    trust me when i say this with the best intentions...your comments have been filed under "W"!


    now, in an unusual and uncharacteristic break of my normal & apparent continuing pattern: i hope your continued chastisement being proffered towards me brings you peace and tranquility...


    ipse

    now seeing that it appears you are not a connoisseur of coney dogs (oh wait, BANSHEE you wanted me to be gentle and constructive in my manners ~ NOPE!!)
    you suck at determining when a coney dog is eatable since they must have been sitting in the pot of water for hours, then withdrawn, languished with spiced chili sauce (no beans) that has been sitting in the simmering pot for hours (bottom sledge is best), sprinkled w/good fresh feta and put on a semi stale bun. oh and NC red hot dogs are completely unsatisfactory for making coney dogs ~ and that is a fact you can take to the bank.

    edited: one final thought...the person with the problem isn't me...
    Last edited by solus; 03-03-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  21. #21
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Well this has turned into a totally useless train wreck.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  22. #22
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,865
    hummm, find extremely interesting the individual is coming from an individual who belongs to a group who rides with the motto, quote: Supporting the right to be ourselves, follow our dreams, and to remember the lessons our forefathers taught us. We support and defend the rights of others to do the same. unquote.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  23. #23
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996

    Once again OCDO disproves the old saying about armed societies and polite societies..

    Make the slightest misstep, use a word that doesn't quite mean what you think it does or exhibit the slightest philosophical dissent, and people who ought to be your staunchest allies will turn and savage you as if you were their deadliest enemy. We don't need the anti-gun nuts, we can take ourselves out perfectly well, thank you very much.

    Welcome to OCDO.
    Last edited by Difdi; 03-04-2016 at 02:05 AM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,147

    Once again OCDO disproves the old saying about armed societies and polite societies..

    Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Make the slightest misstep, use a word that doesn't quite mean what you think it does or exhibit the slightest philosophical dissent, and people who ought to be your staunchest allies will turn and savage you as if you were their deadliest enemy. We don't need the anti-gun nuts, we can take ourselves out perfectly well, thank you very much. Welcome to OCDO.
    Two issues; OCDO as a society is quite disarmed in the sense of being effecacious, and your incompetent paraphrase misses the second and more forceful sentence, "Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." There is no action, "act", in idle chat.

    Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and guns and The Truth.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  25. #25
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Well this has turned into a totally useless train wreck.
    "Train wreck" in the parlance of this forum refers to a thread going extremely off topic and frequently with personal references rather than sticking to FACTS.

    So this thread has deviated, switched tracks. Locking it.

    Want to discuss the OP subject rationally? Gonna have to be a new thread.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •