• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

among the most restrictive in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaitz

Banned
I was reading an article at foxnews and this article had a graphic from website against gun violence and supposedly, Washington state is already one of the very most restrictive states in terms of its gun laws. It appears that New York, California and Washington may be the 3 or among the five most restrictive . ..

What is so much different here, compared with the other states, other than the ban on private sales of firearms without a background check?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/1...ys-reading-campus-carry-law.html?intcmp=hpbt4

I see; it may be an optical illusion of the color . . . there are about 5 states around New York that have high restrictions and a higher restriction than Washington does . ..

Last edited:

solus

I was reading an article at foxnews and this article had a graphic from website against gun violence and supposedly, Washington state is already one of the very most restrictive states in terms of its gun laws. It appears that New York, California and Washington may be the 3 or among the five most restrictive . ..

What is so much different here, compared with the other states, other than the ban on private sales of firearms without a background check?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/1...ys-reading-campus-carry-law.html?intcmp=hpbt4

I see; it may be an optical illusion of the color . . . there are about 5 states around New York that have high restrictions and a higher restriction than Washington does . ..

do you even read or analyze or critically think about who or what entity is putting out the bovine crap you are regurgitating & disseminating? The fox news article's chart is promoting an anti gun site, Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and WA is 11th on the listing with a 'B-' because:

quote:
In 2013, Washington had the 11th lowest number of gun deaths per capita among the states. Washington had the 17th lowest rate of crime gun exports among the states in 2009–meaning that crime guns originally sold in Washington were recovered after being used in crimes in other states at the 17th lowest rate among the states. unquote

verses NC:
quote:
In 2013, North Carolina had the 21st highest number of gun deaths per capita among the states. North Carolina had the 20th highest rate of crime gun exports among the states in 2009–meaning that crime guns originally sold in North Carolina were recovered after being used in crimes in other states at the 20th highest rate among the states. Based on data published by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, in every year from 2006 through 2009, North Carolina was one of the top ten interstate suppliers of crime guns. North Carolina is the top interstate supplier of crime guns to Virginia and South Carolina.

the article is strictly an anti gun promotion filled with unverified stats to continue and feed the anti rhetoric crowd...

ipse

zaitz

Banned
do you even read or analyze or critically think about who or what entity is putting out the bovine crap you are regurgitating & disseminating? The fox news article's chart is promoting an anti gun site, Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence, and WA is 11th on the listing with a 'B-' because:

ipse

I am aware of the fact that the people who produced the map, image or graphic are the law center to prevent gun violence. I read the news every day from a variety of sources and one of the news sites I read is foxnews. Foxnews also contains pro-carry news articles . . . as you might be aware, if, by chance, at times, you read the news.

I was not saying that gun liberty restrictions were good or bad . . . I was simply observing that Washington state has a much darker color on the map than do many of the other states. I assume that the "LCPGV" is able, more or less, to color the states per their criteria.

Referring to map produced by LCPGV for the sake of discussion is not the same thing as regurgitating and disseminating pro-carry or anti-carry information.
If the LCPGV map is in substantial error, then we can all hear about it . . . and I am not claiming, in my opening post in this thread, that any states should be lighter or darker or should have more or less carrying liberty.

I do think it is poor that a person can't open carry in California, if I understand things correctly . . . but that is a different question from whether or not the map tells us something interesting or dull or true or false.

z

Alpine

This reminds me of an NRA list that was published a few years back. WA was rated lower than TX for "right to carry" even though TX had BANNED open carry at the time and had a longer list of restricted places for CC than WA!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This reminds me of an NRA list that was published a few years back. WA was rated lower than TX for "right to carry" even though TX had BANNED open carry at the time and had a longer list of restricted places for CC than WA!

Texas earned the extra credit points for bragging about how "free" they were, regardless of how true it is.

Batousaii

do you even read or analyze or critically think about who or what entity is putting out the bovine crap you are regurgitating & disseminating? ...<snip>...

~ Do you even realize how insulting fellow forum members looks to outside readers that visit this site, or how it can have a negative impact on our ability to attract new members, or how it creates an atmosphere that makes older member less likely to continue to contributing to the promotion of this site and it's cause?

-Are you really helping the cause move forward? -or-???
good job bro.

(You don't have to agree, but civilized people with etiquette rebuke with a discussable counter argument to sort out facts and create solutions... not tear down fellow members who promote our cause in their own way. I've had more than a couple former members mention that this is why they don't visit OCDO much anymore... because of negativity before constructive rebuke...... fix it, or your being exactly what the anti's think we are..... they are incorrect ... aren't they?... or are they??).

Ajetpilot

I have had solus on my ignore list for a long time. The only time I ever see anything that he has written is when someone quotes him. You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to read his drivel.

solus.JPG

Last edited:

solus

~ Do you even realize how insulting fellow forum members looks to outside readers that visit this site, or how it can have a negative impact on our ability to attract new members, or how it creates an atmosphere that makes older member less likely to continue to contributing to the promotion of this site and it's cause?

-Are you really helping the cause move forward? -or-???
good job bro.

(You don't have to agree, but civilized people with etiquette rebuke with a discussable counter argument to sort out facts and create solutions... not tear down fellow members who promote our cause in their own way. I've had more than a couple former members mention that this is why they don't visit OCDO much anymore... because of negativity before constructive rebuke...... fix it, or your being exactly what the anti's think we are..... they are incorrect ... aren't they?... or are they??).

then you may accept the 23 thread posts started and presented from this member as well as their misinterpretation and misinformation at face value.

i noticed with interest you chastise me, which leads me to believe you accept the member's opening post and conclusion as written. please continue to not challenge misinformation and let JQPublic accept this member's or others misinterpreted bovine information he is slinging as gospel for the 'cause'...

and when the JQPublic starts quoting that misinformation for the cause cuz because it is on al gore's invention and we all know the information on the Ethernet is TRUTH!! see what happens as you try to unravel the quagmire and someone of stature from JQPublic asks...."if you knew the information was incorrect initially...why pray tell Bat, et al., didn't you attempt to correct it when it was first published originally??"

go look at the other initial postings of this member...this is what you want put out there as gospel for your cause?

enjoy...

ipse

Last edited:

solus

I have had solus on my ignore list for a long time. The only time I ever see anything that he has written is when someone quotes him. You have no idea how liberating it is to not have to read his drivel.

View attachment 13010

i am so glad your head is buried in the sand...how much other topic commentary, wrong or right, do you miss as you decide on decision(s) or has your mind been made up and there is no alternative aspect to any decision you make.

and i also notice you immediately jumped on how pleasant it was not to see my posts...which means you also unequivocally accept the poster's bovine drivel as viable...

enjoy your liberating time

oh wait, you can't see this...oh well, either can i...

ipse

Alpine

View attachment 13010

+1 After his racist nonsense about whites not having any protections under the 14th Amendment in the WAGR initiative thread I also added him. It's been a major relief.

solus

+1 After his racist nonsense about whites not having any protections under the 14th Amendment in the WAGR initiative thread I also added him. It's been a major relief.

alpine, sorry i noticed there were, again, no cites of any type nor challenges to the cites i proffered to disprove my comment(s) about the history of the 14th ~ why is that?

oh wait, darn i forget he can't see me, therefore history as reported apparently doesn't exist or is incorrect therefore, it is as it has always been...truth is strictly from your perspective and today's emotionally biased standards.

and i bet you supported the removal of the confederate flag from modern history based solely on 9 murders by a mentally inflected individual in a SC church.

ipse

Last edited:

Batousaii

then you may accept the 23 thread posts started and presented from this member as well as their misinterpretation and misinformation at face value. <break>

I accept that's HIS opinion/vantage point... and right or wrong, he presented it in a civilized manner... You sir did not, and apparently do not on a regular basis.
- Fact is that civilized debate is healthy, and sorts out the fact from fiction more efficiently.
- Those that interject discord and insults historically have a weak position, and even if the position is correct, their accuracy is lost behind their own self defeating discord.

i noticed with interest you chastise me, which leads me to believe you accept the member's opening post and conclusion as written. please continue to not challenge misinformation and let JQPublic accept this member's or others misinterpreted bovine information he is slinging as gospel for the 'cause'...
...<snip> ...

Oh, trust me, I challenge way more than you might imagine, news commentary and forums alike. My position remains the same, rudeness and insults dilute the context of a valid argument, and shows that no matter how right or correct your facts may be, your social position is wrong by default due to the infused nastiness of the conveyor. "Nasty people with good points are still nasty and should be dealt with..." in other words, no matter how correct the pro-gun side is, they are nasty dangerous people and need to be contained... here is your proof (motions toward you).

So, it's not about "accepting" any point... it's about disregarding a valid point due to highlighted nastiness taking the spotlight. Note that your the only one championing your position... when all others are disregarding your points, no matter how accurate, then it's time for some self analysis ... assuming your capable (ya, sadly some just aren't.)

- edit to note: Zaitz was ASKING fellow forum members their opinion of the article, enticing fair discussion and debate, not posing it as hard fact, but requesting rebuke and counter argument in a constructive manner. This was lost to you, Solus, since you seem unable to digest things outside of your self absorbed ideologies & positions. Your always right to you.. and that's all that matters in your mind.. there is however the rest of the world, regardless if you acknowledge them or not, they do exist.

- So, Fix yourself, or the pattern will continue.

Last edited:

solus

I accept that's HIS opinion/vantage point... and right or wrong, he presented it in a civilized manner... You sir did not, and apparently do not on a regular basis.
- Fact is that civilized debate is healthy, and sorts out the fact from fiction more efficiently.
- Those that interject discord and insults historically have a weak position, and even if the position is correct, their accuracy is lost behind their own self defeating discord.

Oh, trust me, I challenge way more than you might imagine, news commentary and forums alike. My position remains the same, rudeness and insults dilute the context of a valid argument, and shows that no matter how right or correct your facts may be, your social position is wrong by default due to the infused nastiness of the conveyor. "Nasty people with good points are still nasty and should be dealt with..." in other words, no matter how correct the pro-gun side is, they are nasty dangerous people and need to be contained... here is your proof (motions toward you).

So, it's not about "accepting" any point... it's about disregarding a valid point due to highlighted nastiness taking the spotlight. Note that your the only one championing your position... when all others are disregarding your points, no matter how accurate, then it's time for some self analysis ... assuming your capable (ya, sadly some just aren't.)

- edit to note: Zaitz was ASKING fellow forum members their opinion of the article, enticing fair discussion and debate, not posing it as hard fact, but requesting rebuke and counter argument in a constructive manner. This was lost to you, Solus, since you seem unable to digest things outside of your self absorbed ideologies & positions. Your always right to you.. and that's all that matters in your mind.. there is however the rest of the world, regardless if you acknowledge them or not, they do exist.

- So, Fix yourself, or the pattern will continue.

again, i noticed w/o further embellishment per se, you again failed to comment on the OP's inadequate analysis of the anti material they cited; yet, can project your capability to know what the poster was asking...Z's quote: I see; it may be an optical illusion of the color . . . unquote, then gear up to expend further efforts to continue to chastise me...

so thank you for your opinion ~ over how i expressed mine...

trust me when i say this with the best intentions...your comments have been filed under "W"!

now, in an unusual and uncharacteristic break of my normal & apparent continuing pattern: i hope the chastisement proffered brings you peace and tranquility...

ipse

Last edited:

Batousaii

..., you again failed to comment on the OP's inadequate analysis of the anti material they cited...

- What I saw was the OP asking our opinion of the article in an effort to form or complete his own analysis, or straighten out the story so to speak.
- Most national media (FOX, MSN etc.) are propagandists for their right/left leaning parties and it requires an amount of work to translate it into a semblance of a fact.
- Taking either/any party or mantra at unquestioned face value is the sign of weak mind and malleable soul... these types don't ask others opinion past their masters call.
- Discouraging the OP for his efforts to question the article, and build an analysis, or if asking for help when he feels a second opinion could offer insight, these discouragements are counter productive to is growth and learning. Especially that I don't see where he was promoting "their" agenda - simply asking our input and counter argument.

-Final Thought: Directly commenting on the OP's "Inadequate analysis" is not necessary, he obviously knew his analysis was inadequate when he requested further analysis from fellow forum members. Seems to me he is doing his best to cut through the fog, asking for some help along the way... that's how people learn.

P.S. - I don't want to use the word "analysis" in this topic anymore ...

Solus, I don't think your a "Bad person" or anything... I simply feel your point will always be lost so long as you attack before trying to teach... A gourmet chili dog is still a chili dog after you dip in in the sewer, but no one is going to eat it because it's presentation is ruined, and it now smells like ____ .

Last edited:

solus

- snip....

as i previously indicated analysis and lack therein embellishment has now been belaboured beyond belief as has your running commentary chastising and vilify me over my presentation of my opinion.

however, it would appear you have failed to heed your own advice and to learn from your conversations since your behaviour has failed to change as you keep the criticism coming.

therefore, i shall reiterate my previous sentiment:

so thank you for your opinion ~ over how i expressed mine...

trust me when i say this with the best intentions...your comments have been filed under "W"!

now, in an unusual and uncharacteristic break of my normal & apparent continuing pattern: i hope your continued chastisement being proffered towards me brings you peace and tranquility...

ipse

now seeing that it appears you are not a connoisseur of coney dogs (oh wait, BANSHEE you wanted me to be gentle and constructive in my manners ~ NOPE!!)
you suck at determining when a coney dog is eatable since they must have been sitting in the pot of water for hours, then withdrawn, languished with spiced chili sauce (no beans) that has been sitting in the simmering pot for hours (bottom sledge is best), sprinkled w/good fresh feta and put on a semi stale bun. oh and NC red hot dogs are completely unsatisfactory for making coney dogs ~ and that is a fact you can take to the bank.

edited: one final thought...the person with the problem isn't me...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.