• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun idiots make our point for us.... not enough good guys with guns.

Freedom1Man

http://www.mlive.com/flint-river/index.ssf/2016/02/time_to_ban_gun_sales_until_we.html
Where was the good guy with a gun when an Uber driver shot and killed six people in Kalamazoo on Saturday night?

Where was the good guy with a gun when a mentally unstable man shot a Bay City cop Friday before turning the gun on himself?

And where are the good guys with guns when the estimated 30-some people are slain by firearms every day in America?

No where to be found. And why? Because there are more bad guys with guns doing wrong than there are civilian good guys with guns trying to stop them.

Yeah, wait, good guys follow the law. Bad guys do not. Their solution (read opinion) is to, yes, ban gun sales.

OC for ME

It is ironic that Loony Liberal Bryn excluded cops from his anti-liberty rant on gun owners...cops are good guys...no? Or, does Bryn know something about Kalamazoo cops that we do not know.

DeSchaine

Bryn is just an idiot. Hell, he works for the Flint Journal. Those morons have watched a rising crime rate for years in their city and been complicit in sensationalizing the whole damn thing with the rest of the media.

I do have to step in here and defend the men and women of the Kalamazoo Public Safety Department somewhat backhandedly. The people comprising the rank and file of the department are mostly great. But, the NATURE of the department leaves a lot of holes in the system. A large chunk of the PSO's are both fire fighters and police, and most of the cruisers have fire gear in the trunk. If there's a fire, good luck finding a cop for anything. That being said, Hadley and his chiefs act like they climbed out of a clown car.

It's also worth noting that two of the incidents that day took place outside of city limits. The apartments are apparently Richland Township territory, and the Cracker Barrel is Oshtemo Township, both of which are covered by the Kalamazoo County Sheriff Department. THOSE guys have the capacity to be real boneheads at times.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Recently read an analogy, where in an early western fort the commander issued an order that all personnel should turn in their guns to the armory to be secured. He had heard that the Indians were planning to attack the fort and kill everybody, but now with this order everyone would be safe.......Yes?

Believe that was the gist of a letter to the editor by Dennis (VCDL BoD). I really like that tongue-in-cheek comparison and will use it in the future.

Eeyore

So, using that author's reasoning: guardrail a are supposed to mitigate accidents, but many accidents occur where there are no guard rails. Therefore we should get rid of all guardrails. Who could assail that logic?

Freedom1Man

So, using that author's reasoning: guardrail a are supposed to mitigate accidents, but many accidents occur where there are no guard rails. Therefore we should get rid of all guardrails. Who could assail that logic?
Bingo. You hit the hammer on the head. Or would it be nail? With anti-gun logic it is difficult to know.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk