• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UH faculty suggest steering clear of some topics if students armed

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Texas is WAY more liberal than they want you to believe. They have their stellar standout exceptions, of course.

Combine that with the fact that university faculty are the more liberal of any state's population, and well, it's no Berkeley, but some of them probably wish it was.

Combine that also with the fact that the liberal media is going to favor their side and give them and their idiocies more attention and make it seem more normal.

stealthyeliminator

Texas is WAY more liberal than they want you to believe...

I'm not sure that expression quite fits. We aren't plotting to secretly be more liberal than we appear... The truth is that we have way more liberals than we want to have. We know it, but I guess many in other places aren't aware of our predicament due to Texas' reputation. Many, many people in Texas really just want to be left the hell alone, and also would really rather just leave other people alone as well. OTOH I think liberals like being left alone, but it seems they can't quite get the concept of leaving others alone. Or maybe not, but sometimes that's how it seems to me.

On the OP - yeah, really dumb, yet also unsurprising. Liberals seem to have a flair for the dramatic, and wild imaginations.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hmmm - do they limit/restrict or worry 'bout students with knives, belts, things with gasoline in them? Do they have classrooms or offices above the first floor?

Its a shame to waste paranoia on just one tool or circumstance when there are sooo many other options.

stealthyeliminator

Hmmm - do they limit/restrict or worry 'bout students with knives, belts, things with gasoline in them? Do they have classrooms or offices above the first floor?

Ahem, does that fit their narrative?

Well, then... No need to abandon rationality for those concerns.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Ahem, does that fit their narrative?

Well, then... No need to abandon rationality for those concerns.
I think it speaks volumes of their agenda - to demonize those who have tools to provide for their self-defense.

Most schools do not allow carry w/o a permit and permit holders have been shown to commit less crime and have less collateral damage than LEOs (no cite provided). Rationally, it seems to me that legally armed people would be a benefit wherever they are.

stealthyeliminator

I think it speaks volumes of their agenda - to demonize those who have tools to provide for their self-defense.

Most schools do not allow carry w/o a permit and permit holders have been shown to commit less crime and have less collateral damage than LEOs (no cite provided). Rationally, it seems to me that legally armed people would be a benefit wherever they are.

Yep I agree completely :D

Hopefully we Texans can continue to gain sanity ground next legislative session on both reducing or eliminating licensing requirements and costs, as well as ground on students being able to be better prepared to defend themselves on campuses.

Thankfully, it seems that things like the story in the OP do not deter or discourage me. At least not anymore. Hopefully more and more people who believe in our rights feel the same.

JoeSparky

Centurion
It seems to me that if these State Indoctrination Facilities were more involved with teaching one HOW to think instead of WHAT to think... all this paranoia would just go away!--- just like all that "blood in the streets" for allowing law abiding persons to exercise a Constitutionally protected right or two!

OC for ME

If this encourages them to teach facts and figures vs. what they think about the facts and figures, then let them rant and rave. Or, they can move to California and be relieved of the burden of being exposed to liberty.

Law abider

It seems to me that if these State Indoctrination Facilities were more involved with teaching one HOW to think instead of WHAT to think... all this paranoia would just go away!--- just like all that "blood in the streets" for allowing law abiding persons to exercise a Constitutionally protected right or two!

You mean like global warming is 'real'. Yeah. gun totter equates to a violent individual. Radical earth worshiper environmentalist e mailing death threats equates to a benevolent individual.

B

Bikenut

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by a moderator:

OC for ME

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”

Robert A. Heinlein
NAA! I got one of those, a Sidewinder (1.5" barrel), .22mag, loaded with snake shot when checking machinery in the mornings back on the farm.

rushcreek2

These academic mushroom munchers in Texas have until August 2016 to grasp the fact that THEY WILL NOT HAVE ANYWAY OF KNOWING ...because it is none of their business.