Thread: D.C. Ruling!

D.C. Ruling!

See this fazebook post by Emily Miller

Yes!

Emily Miller16 hrs ·
    RULING ON DC GUN LAWS -- Appeals court upholds Heller 2 ruling that certain parts of the registration requirement to own a gun for home defense are not allowed....
    See More

Last edited by 1245A Defender; 02-27-2016 at 06:08 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    See this fazebook post by Emily Miller

Yes!

Emily Miller16 hrs ·
    RULING ON DC GUN LAWS -- Appeals court upholds Heller 2 ruling that certain parts of the registration requirement to own a gun for home defense are not allowed....
    See More

Sorry, this content isn't available right now
    The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
    Typical.....

Is this what you are referring??????
    RULING ON DC GUN LAWS -- Appeals court upholds Heller 2 ruling that certain parts of the registration requirement to own a gun for home defense are not allowed. These things have to stop: 1) Written test before owning 2) Limit one gun per month 3) Renew registration every three years 4) Bring gun to police department.
    Progress!
    If it is???? Need more detail....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Re read Fazebook:
    Sorry, this content isn't available right now
    The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

New requirements to replace those will be added in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6....

Back into court for another two years...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Well,,,

Finally, I have found a story that explains what it is Emily was posting about..

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...ro-gun-victory

FAQ
    Last year, we reported that a panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia held in the long-running follow-up to the original Heller case (known currently as Heller III), that certain provisions of D.C.’s firearm registration scheme violate the Second Amendment. These included D.C.’s handgun rationing rule, its requirement to renew firearm registrations every three years, a required test of “legal knowledge” for registration applicants, and the requirement that registration applicants present their firearms in person at police headquarters. As we noted at the time, however, the District still had options for further review of the decision.
    Today, one of those options has been foreclosed, with the decision that the full appellate court will not rehear the panel’s ruling, leaving the initial ruling fully intact. While this development does not necessarily mean the legal wrangling in the case is over, it does reinforce a significant pro-gun victory the courts.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

So for whatever reason you're link under "read more" just links to Gogo's Facebook profile. Which by the way he should really set to private.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

The court upheld the District Court ruling that DC's one gun a month rule and a knowledge test on DC gun laws was unconstitutional. DC's only recourse is to ask SCOTUS for CERT.

DC AG said they are thinking about next steps.

Thanks goodness I don't live in the district, but if I did, I would try to line up some legal support and then, along w neighbors, own weapons to defend myself & family - time for conscientious objectors to claim 2A rights.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I'm just a simple sort of person.

Washington, D.C. " Home Rulers " seems to be paddling against the tide on this one.

I doubt that they will take my advice but .... Why don't they simply recognize handgun carry permits issued by the 50 states....?

It's not as if Washington, D.C. was a " Super State "..or something.

Recognize state handgun permits...and then.. if need be... address violations of existing criminal laws.

Way too much commotion over this.

The government in DC feels they are different than everyone else.

They suffer from the "we're special" so other states rules won't work here syndrome.

too bad the homicide rate doesn't reflect that.

they will only change when forced to by a court.