Thread: Dayton pastor shot, early reports in the pulpit.

Dayton pastor shot, early reports in the pulpit.

Dayton police say 70-year-old William B. Schooler was shot around 12:30 p.m. Sunday while in his office at St. Peter’s Missionary Baptist Church. Despite early witness accounts, police say Schooler was not in the pulpit when he was attacked.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/...unday-service/

This story has been corrected to show the pastor was shot while in his office, not in the pulpit.
    Squelching any idea that he was in his pulpit! Pretty much every story has it.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-28-2016 at 07:10 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Around 12:30, I would guess services to be over. I'm guessing the first report was hyped (sic for lie) about him being in the pulpit, and other lazy media forwarded the story because it sounded good.

-------------

Recently, I came across a blurb by a weather forecaster. The woman had to dig in her heels and fight with the headline writers because she saw a possibility of snow, and the headline writers changed it to "snow expected"--to gather page views and so forth, of course.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The walk back continues.

... the fatal shooting that occurred at the pastorís church office as services were winding down.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. (Queen Gertrude. Hamlet III, II)
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    The pastor was killed by his 70 year old supposedly mentally ill brother.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The pastor was killed by his 70 year old supposedly mentally ill brother.
    It couldn't have happened thus---- There are laws prohibiting committing homicide. There are laws prohibiting the possession of firearms by the mentally ill.

Liberal Solution: Make another law making what happened MORE ILLEGAL! (please note not quite subtle sarcasm in above.

Condolences to family for there loss.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"