Thread: Teen Accused of Shooting Grandmother, Sister, Nephew

Ellsworth Wisconsin

Teen Accused of Shooting Grandmother, Sister, Nephew

A 16-year-old Nashville boy has been accused of shooting his 67-year-old grandmother, 12-year-old sister, and 6-year-old nephew Tuesday following an argument that arose because he did not want to get out of bed and go to school.

He is 16 years old and kept a gun. What do the laws in Tennessee say about16 year old possessing guns.

I don't know about anyone else but our founders encouraged gun training early on in life. However we did have moral restraints and self government back then that are absent now in our culture especially in kids. I could come up with names of kids I would not,never, teach them anything about guns because they have lost their moral compass thus have become callous. Now if they are restored, maybe them I'll think about it.
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-02-2016 at 05:16 PM.

northern wis
    Where was the father most likely it was a broken home.

If the mother and grandmother didn't know he had a gun he most likely broke some law.

From a fairly early age well before 16 my children kept their own firearms in their rooms.

I also found that when there was snow on the ground a hand full of the white stuff would levitate any one of them out of bed.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Parsons Tennessee, USA
    As long as he had his parents permission and it was on their property and they didn't have reason to believe he as going to commit a felony, it was legal for him to possess it.

See Tennessee Code Annotated 39-17-1319 and 39-17-1320
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin