• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cruz and open carry

WalkingWolf

Good point. If Cruz (or any of them) is as Constitutional as they claim, they won't accomplish much at all, like a President shouldn't.

The biggest problem is legislation from the high courts, and the POTUS has very much control over that. This choice could be the demise, or future of the 2A. The choice has never been more important.

The Big Guy

Perhaps the best thing for our cause and for the country is to get Trump in so we can have stalemate. At this point the less the government gets done, the better it is for all of us. Inaction sounds good to me. At least it would give us
time to figure out what to do 4 years from now, if we have that much time left...

TBG

nonameisgood

Congress, because it's the opposite of progress. Not because they are con artists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

I fully, but respectfully, disagree. A goal of stalemate won't do us any good, nor do I believe Trump being in office would cause stalemate as opposed to further decline. We can't stop change, it's going to happen. There are a few things we don't want to change, though, and those things are primarily our core values. Even with those, though, we have to do more than just simply attempt stalemate, we have to actively advocate and perpetuate those core values. Some may label that anti-progress or anti-progressive but it isn't, and I think that those labels are counter-productive.

BigStack

(I meant to post something along with that video link. Tapatalk messed me up.)

While he is not perfect at least he has the balls to stand up and say something to challenge the anti gunners.
How many others have done the same? sure we get votes... and i am sure there are others that do say things and do verbally challenge the anti gunners.
But I think far too often many republicans (and democrats for that matter) are just voting a certain way because of party affiliation. just a box they have to check off.

No , I don't know Cruz's stance on open carry. I can only imagine that he is for it/thinks that it is in line with the constitution.
And many will claim that he did this and other things for votes and for press coverage... but that is better than not doing it at all.
When Cruz was elected. He was elected because he said he was going to be a thorn in the politicians side in washington, that it would not be politics as usual. I would say he has followed through on his word, you know this cause look at how much hate he receives from both parties.

(this is all just my opinion)

stealthyeliminator

I doubt that others'/your "core values" are my principles or even congruent. Your arrogation of equality unity is counter productive and much of what has steered US to these dire straits.

I'm assuming that your post is a response to me since I am the one that referenced "core values," but your post is indecipherable. Better luck next time.

HPmatt

WW I don't think Ted was ever in a position to impact OC in Texas. He was the Texas solicitor general to the SCOTUS, but don't think he was involved with OC in Texas Legislature.
Gov Greg Abbott came out to support Cruz (when Abbott was Texas AG he appointed Cruz SG to SCOTUS); this was Abbott's response to BHO's threat of executive action on 2A:
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/01/03/texas-governor-obama-executive-gun-control-come-take/
Want to say that is the Gonzalez flag - where a detachment of the Mexican army attempted to take the cannon, and Texians chased them off.

Under Rick Perry, Texas Lt Governor and next-in-line David Dewhurst was the smug cocky bastard good-old boy, and was all lined up to take over Kay Bailey Hutchison's RINO US Senate seat - Cruz really came out of nowhere and fired up people - compared to the weasel-y Geo Bush GOP-Karl Rove establishment here in Texas. So looking at the candidates on the 2A and OC, I would say Trump has not been willing to advocate CC or OC in NY - he's obviously on the inside and has his NYC CC permit. Rubio might be pro-2A if someone gives him lots of money, so just on 2A, I would think Cruz w/b strongest.