Thread: 11 yo shoots 8 yo intentionally

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

11 yo shoots 8 yo intentionally

Shocker: 8-year-old girl tells 11-year-old neighbour he can't play with her puppy, he guns her down

Oct 7, 2015 01:30 IST
    Tennessee: An 11-year-old boy has been charged with murder after he killed his 8-year-old neighbor, police said, and witnesses say it was because the girl wouldn't let him see her puppy.

Police were called to the neighborhood in White Pine, east of Knoxville, on Saturday night. The boy shot the girl from inside his home with his father's 12-gauge shotgun, said Jefferson County Sheriff Bud McCoig.

Latasha Dyer told reporters her daughter was playing outside when the next-door neighbor asked to see the puppy. McKayla told the boy "no," and he shot her, Dyer said. A neighbor, Misty Edwards, said her niece was playing with the girl and saw what happened.
    http://www.firstpost.com/world/boy-1...n-2457874.html
    Hadn't seen a report of this before - did it happen, what was the disposition?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-03-2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: formatting & linked
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Boy was found guilty and will spend the rest of his childhood in state custody. Neighbors said he was a bully the very first day of moving into the mobile home park they both lived in. There is now a state effort to make access to a firearm by a minor a crime.

This happened well over a year ago.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

This happened well over a year ago.
    grape is a slow reader...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    grape is a slow reader...

ipse
    Was this posted somewhere on the forum before?

I a m n o t t o o s l o w to g e t t h e m e s s a g e t h o u g h .

I submit for you: I hold up my right hand with fingers extended, then clasping little finger w/thumb and folding the remaining flanking digits, leaving only the one previously surrounded by others.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Shudda used the Glock defense...Glocks just go off on their own ya know and usually to their owner's/operator's detriment.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Shudda used the Glock defense...Glocks just go off on their own ya know and usually to their owner's/operator's detriment.
    I didn't know Glock made a 12 ga shotgun
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Here ya go.
    Tennessee boy found guilty of first-degree murder after shooting girl over puppy

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...208-story.html
    And, here ya go.
    Mother of slain 8-year-old girl pleads for tougher gun law

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/politic...370666791.html
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

State Researcher
    And remember, under SCOTUS legislation, no matter how depraved and deliberate the crime, if the person committing it was so much as one day shy of his 18th birthday, not only is capital punishment off the table, but so too is life without parole.

As concerning as that may be, consider on the number of persons in our nation for whom determining exact age may be a bit more challenging that for someone born in a US hospital with an official birth certificate. "Your honor, my client may look like he is 20 years old but his mother swears he is only 17 years and 10 months. She remembers well the night he was born in their small village in Crapholeastan."

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

An Oklahoma teen who fired the fatal shot in the 2013 murder of a jogger who was targeted, according to police, because the shooter and two other teens said they were bored, was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison.

http://www.people.com/article/oklaho...rder-of-jogger
    Lotts was sentenced in Missouri's St. Francois County Circuit Court in 2002 to life in prison without parole for first-degree murder in his stepbrother's stabbing death.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/08/...life.sentence/
    Rare cases to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    And remember, under SCOTUS legislation, no matter how depraved and deliberate the crime, if the person committing it was so much as one day shy of his 18th birthday, not only is capital punishment off the table, but so too is life without parole.

As concerning as that may be, consider on the number of persons in our nation for whom determining exact age may be a bit more challenging that for someone born in a US hospital with an official birth certificate. "Your honor, my client may look like he is 20 years old but his mother swears he is only 17 years and 10 months. She remembers well the night he was born in their small village in Crapholeastan."

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Rare cases to be sure.
    Tried as an adult, convicted as an adult, the sentence will be served as an adult.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Tried as an adult, convicted as an adult, the sentence will be served as an adult.
    The only time a minor ever gets a life sentence is when he is tried and convicted as an adult. The Juvi system (generally) has no authority past a person's 18th birthday.

The SCOTUS, in 2005, in Roper v. Simmons,eliminated the juvenile death penalty.

In 2010, in Graham v. Florida, SCOTUS banned life without parole for all crimes other than murder.

In 2012, the SCOTUS extended that ban (life without possibility of parole) to murder in two consolidated cases, Jackson v. Hobbs, No. 10-9647, and Miller v. Alabama, No. 10-9646.

In January this year (2016), the SCOTUS made its 2012 ruling retroactive to defendants who had been sentenced prior to 2012. This affects over 2,000 inmates who are serving life without possibility of parole for crimes (murders) committed before they turned 18. Montgomery v. Louisiana (14-280).

To be fair, the ruling does not actually require that such offenders be released, only that they have access to parole hearings and the possibility of release.

What the ruling does do, is make perfectly clear that there are no guarantees that "life without parole" actually means serving life. With no changes as to the facts of a case, the courts can change the rules and order that the most heinous of murderers be given a chance at release.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.