Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man accidentally kills himself while taking photos with gun

Man accidentally kills himself while taking photos with gun

A 43-year-old Concrete man died Sunday after accidentally shooting himself in the face with what he thought was an unloaded gun. He and his girlfriend were taking selfies using the gun as a prop. The girlfriend reported that the pair had done this several times during the day, with the man apparently removing the bullets and then reloading the gun multiple times.

After the last time, however, a bullet apparently remained in the gun, sheriff Clark said.

Unbelievable. Load unload remove bullet from chamber take a selfie reload, unload, remove bullet from chamber take a selfie reload, unload forget this time to eject from the chamber take a selfie bang! dead.

What is wrong with picture folks!!! I am told we need to practice loading and unloading and remove the bullet from the chamber every time! But this guy was not paying attention to his gun but to his girl! Was he a CCLer? He should have taken a safety course. AAH!

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/m...211eb874a.html

Here are stats on self inflicted gun shots behind selfie pictures. Sad
    http://priceonomics.com/the-tragic-d...ie-fatalities/
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-03-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It is a mistake that he will not make again.............ever.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Wrong kind of selfie.

Another victim of the American culture that refuses to teach gun safety in public school and return gun safety to daily life. [sarcasm] We are all so much safer pretending they don't exist until we are old enough to buy one.[/sarcasm]

Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
    Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-03-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: rule #19, apparently
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Darwin award winner 2016!
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Darwin award winner 2016!
    +1
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is a mistake that he will not make again.............ever.
    That's the sad thing about this. Girlfriend without the guy she loved. I sure hope he didn't have kids. One of the problems with handling guns in a cavalier manner. The stats from priceonomics are frightening. These stats will only be misused by anti 2A people. Whatever happened to the local rod and gun clubs training people with proper handling of fire arms?
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-03-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Ban Selfies?- They are obviously dangerous.

/sarc off.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Ban Selfies?- They are obviously dangerous.

/sarc off.
    Do not laugh.

If Shillary is elected, we will all be required to bow and kowtow to her voice and image - any other action will be banned.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Point, click, wait for the flash.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Do not laugh.

If Shillary is elected, we will all be required to bow and kowtow to her voice and image - any other action will be banned.
    Expect paintings on buildings like Mao, and Stalin.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Expect paintings on buildings like Mao, and Stalin.
    That is a terrible thing to contemplate.

Looking for my brain bleach and wire brush now.

Play stupid games...
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Play stupid games...
    When I wore a much younger mans clothes, I was a Sailor in the US Navy
    and some of the weapons I toyed with were of a "special" calibre. Because of that, there was an armed guard at all times. We were inport, at some foreign country in SE Asia. It was time for the mid watch, 1200 to 0400 shift. The ongoing watch was late, the off going watch was tired. Normal procedure is to hand the pistol over with slide back, mag in hand (5 rnds) and the belt and holster in the other hand. Easy transfer, put on belt, clear weapon, load mag.

He was late,late and got woken up for the last time and told where his pistol was piled. He stumblingly move above decks to the launcher area and into the "space". He picked up the belt and put it on as he woke up. He picked up the 1911A1, inserted the magazine and let the slide go. Then he cleared the trigger.

A .45 in a space four feet by eight feet by seven feet is a dangerous thing. It landed in the "ceiling" and his hearing rang for an hour. Nobody heard the shot, but him. The hardest thing for him was finding another .45 round before the end of watch.

This kind of cr@p can happen to anyone.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Do not laugh.

Sadly your likely right.
    - I think I'd rather have Stalin as pres... at least we know where he stands (or stood really).
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

I need concrete evidence of selfies. As Policeman Officer Nick Angle once said: "It's murder!"

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    When I wore a much younger mans clothes, I was a Sailor in the US Navy
    and some of the weapons I toyed with were of a "special" calibre. Because of that, there was an armed guard at all times. We were inport, at some foreign country in SE Asia. It was time for the mid watch, 1200 to 0400 shift. The ongoing watch was late, the off going watch was tired. Normal procedure is to hand the pistol over with slide back, mag in hand (5 rnds) and the belt and holster in the other hand. Easy transfer, put on belt, clear weapon, load mag.

He was late,late and got woken up for the last time and told where his pistol was piled. He stumblingly move above decks to the launcher area and into the "space". He picked up the belt and put it on as he woke up. He picked up the 1911A1, inserted the magazine and let the slide go. Then he cleared the trigger.

A .45 in a space four feet by eight feet by seven feet is a dangerous thing. It landed in the "ceiling" and his hearing rang for an hour. Nobody heard the shot, but him. The hardest thing for him was finding another .45 round before the end of watch.

This kind of cr@p can happen to anyone.
    There's a big difference, IMO, between your scenario and someone playing with a gun.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    A 43-year-old Concrete man died Sunday after accidentally shooting himself...
    One would think a Concrete man would be relatively impervious to gunfire...

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    A man is just the aggregate of his experiences, and some learn the hard way; others are just a chip off the ol' block.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-04-2016 at 11:27 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    And taking photos with a gun? He should have used a camera.

If he had used a mirror to reflect his image, he would be suffering 7 years bad luck..........never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I need concrete evidence of selfies. As Policeman Officer Nick Angle once said: "It's murder!"
    Or was a suicide set up to look like an accident.

I investigated a couple of so called accidents that I thought most likely were suicides but with out a note or a statement to others by the deceased. Saying so didn't solve a thing.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    A man is just the aggregate of his experiences, and some learn the hard way; others are just a chip off the ol' block.
    Reinforced by the opinions he forms.

I shall have to write a screed about this and float it by y'all.

(We need a smug smiley)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Reinforced by the opinions he forms.

I shall have to write a screed about this and float it by y'all.

(We need a smug smiley)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    ...I shall have to write a screed about this and float it by y'all...
    I'll permit you to do that. I look forward to calling for the inspection. Me, I'm just too busy, and will hire a few day laborers to do it for me.

Voy a permitir que hagas eso . Tengo ganas de llamar para la inspección . Yo, que soy demasiado ocupado, y contrataré unos jornaleros que lo haga por mí.

Founder's Club Member
    I'll permit you to do that. I look forward to calling for the inspection. Me, I'm just too busy, and will hire a few day laborers to do it for me.

Voy a permitir que hagas eso . Tengo ganas de llamar para la inspección . Yo, que soy demasiado ocupado, y contrataré unos jornaleros que lo haga por mí.
    Ok, Ok! You win! I give up!

I'll just slump into quietude until tested again.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

surely there is a forum rule for english to be the language of choice?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast